Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dream Station Ramp and Pressure Settings
RE: Dream Station Ramp and Pressure Settings
Thanks for the tips.

I did change the ramp time to much longer.........still can't figure out how to change the top number which is 11......I feel like a leaf blower is running through my nose when it gets to 11......

Where do you get a chin strap?
Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP pressure is accessible only through the provider menu in Therapy settings. Push the control knob and ramp button at the same time until the machine beeps. You can then select the therapy settings. The CPAP pressure will show 11 now. Select that icon with the control knob and push once. Dial the pressure you want, and push again, then exit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you !!

One other question. I got a new full-face mask now.....but I cannot remove the other nasal mask.

I've read the instructions and the manual says my machine has two tabs to remove it from the machine......for the life of me, I do not see them, at all.

Also, I don't see any way to just change out the mask. They seem like they are "stuck together" forever. Very frustrating!
Post Reply Post Reply
The hose detachment from the humidifier has 2-tabs that are opposite each other on the sides. Just squeeze together and pull. It should not be very hard. The other end of the hose that attaches to the mask has a rubber coupling that fits around the hard plastic air connector for the mask. Pulling straight apart can be difficult, but the rubber stretches, so if you bend the connection and pull, it is a lot easier. Same as putting on some tight shoes, you have to flex things to get them to join or come off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
It worked !!

Your instructions on moving the nasal mask from the tube was spot on. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to separate the two and I didn't want to break it.

Still don't think my machine has two two tabs you are talking about.

I see two slots on both sides of the tube, but no "slots or tabs" to press in.

Oh well, at least I got the nasal unit off. Now I'm just waiting for my new full, mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The area between the two slots on both sides are the tabs Sleeprider was telling you about. Press them both at the same time and you should be able to remove the hose.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the suppliers of CPAP machines also sell chinstraps but you can just Google it and will find them on Amazon.
Personally, I don't want even more gear strapped to my head and since I don't move around much once I fall asleep, I taught myself to rest my hand under my chin in order to keep my mouth shut. Not as foolproof but still helps for part of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem and need to adjust the pressure. Basically i wanna cap it at a certain level. I'm not a mouth breather like the initial poster so i guess i can continue to use my gel pillow mask. But I definitely need a solution so that the pressure doesnt go over a certain level because after about 4 hours of sleep i always wake up with the thing blowing so hard i feel like i have a darn leaf-bower in my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
paragraphe 7.0,
Did you see the response to your post about adjusting this parameter? Here is the link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid241897
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 362 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 315 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 361 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.