Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dream mapper blue tooth stopped working
Dream mapper blue tooth stopped working
I have been using the newest dream station and would connect daily with it for report on the previous night.  Worked great for four weeks!  Now, however, I cannot make the Bluetooth connection .   Am using my phone for reports .  It still works via Bluetooth to my Fitbit .  Can anyone give me a quick fix?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dream mapper blue tooth stopped working
Download sleepyhead on the link below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I used DreamMapper for a few months until a version of SleepyHead that is compatible with my DreamStation became available. The DreamStation just wouldn’t stay connected with my iPhone. I finally got tired of working with the It’s flaky Bluetooth and gave up on it.

You might try going into the settings of your phone and your cpap machine and delete the Bluetooth connection from both devices so you can pair them again. That will probably be a temporary fix, however.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also check that your mobile device is already connected to the internet (via wifi, for example) while you try to use it via Bluetooth with your DreamStation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ft hank you!  Will try stopping and restarting Bluetooth connection,
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Dreamstation and a Bluetooth connection to my iPhone for the past six months with no issues until yesterday.  I could not get any data to my iPhone and continually received the error, "connection to server couldn't  be made try again later".  The SD card did have the data which I could view on Sleepyhead.  Going to the dream mapper site it showed the last date it was updated was correct, but no data was there, I knew it recorded as previously noted  I could view it on Sleepyhead. I tried everything, uninstalled DreamMapper on my iPhone, cleared pairing, which could not be restablished.  I was able to pair the devices this morning, but was still getting server error.  I now just checked DreamMapper on the iPhone and it has .updated the data. Now another issue, When I uploaded to Sleepyhead it was missing the flowrate chart ??  Not sure why , but it appears there is some sort of issue going on with DreamMapper.  Has this ever happened before? Anyone else having issues?  All I have been able to do is is just reset connections, but still seems a bit unstable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem and it is back to normal.  This is what I did.  I unpaired my Dreamstation.  On my iPhone I uninstalled Dreammapper and then under my bluetooth settings  I selected the option to have the iPhone forget the connection to the Dreamstation.  I shut my iPhone down and waited 30 seconds before I restarted.  I then went out to the App Store and reloaded Dreammapper.  I then resynched the Dreamstation to the iPhone.  The synch worked but the Dreammapper software was still not connecting and provided an error message that  "it could not connect to the server, try again later"  The next morning I tried again and it was up and running as usual.  It appears that Philips must have had some sort of a glitch in their network synching as the dreamstation was connecting, but not uploading data to the server.  I verified this by going out to the Philips Dreammapper site.  I could see that my Dreamstation had last reported the morning the issue started but it had no data.  I verified the Dreamstation was recording as I could upload to Sleepyhead, but the data for the flow chart was missing.  Whatever it was the glitch was on their end, but it all works well now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Several weeks back Dreammapper stopped working for a couple of days for "server issues" and then returned since that time the dreammapper app is no longer displaying the same data as is shown on the SDHC card on Sleepyhead. A call to their hot line gives you the message their server has problems. It does. I am now receiveing only partial nightly reports when I sleep eight hours it indicates on 1.4 hours etc. Also the bluetooth keeps disconnecting. For such a large company to have such a sloppy operation is lamentable. Meanwhile Sleepyhead is the way I am able to keep up with my nightly progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2018, 01:46 AM)mpruddy Wrote: Several weeks back Dreammapper stopped working for a couple of days for "server issues" and then returned since that time the dreammapper app is no longer displaying the same data as is shown on the SDHC card on Sleepyhead. A call to their hot line gives you the message their server has problems. It does. I am now receiveing only partial nightly reports when I sleep eight hours it indicates on 1.4 hours etc. Also the bluetooth keeps disconnecting. For such a large company to have such a sloppy operation is lamentable. Meanwhile Sleepyhead is the way I am able to keep up with my nightly progress.

I never could get DreamMapper to work consistently, after the first few months after starting treatment. For what it is worth, you can get the exact same information on the machine display every time you shut it off. That information is easily available until you start another sleep session and then it updates. The reason cpap manufactures’ consumer tracking software is so crappy is because they don’t consider the consumer their customer. They cater to the Sleep industry instead, who would prefer you have to rely on them for your information and treatment. It’s all about the money.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mitch
 Your reply makes sense. My guess is their servers are under powered and as you have indicated no one is changing machines because of the problem so they don't fix it. I can see the proper information is being stored on the SDHC chip and and the app randomly updates correctly and the machine works well. I will just use Sleepyhead and will just have to "grin and bear it." Thanks for your rapid response.
Mike in TN
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 75 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,119 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 596 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 603 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,100 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 952 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  SpO2 Drop below X not working? YouTakeMyBreathAway 9 809 02-03-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.