Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Dreamwear
Humidifier: Heated
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

DreamMapper
I installed this app as I have the Bluetooth technology in the CPAP Machine I have. It didn't show any data for the nights I've used the machine. When researching it referenced something about contacting the medical place or something. Is there another step to get this app working correctly?
06-04-2016 06:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

Sex: Male

RE: DreamMapper
Did you setup an account in DreamMapper? Be sure bluetooth is turned on on the CAPAP. You also need to pair DreamMapper on your device to your DreamStation.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 07:18 PM by pupcamper.)
06-04-2016 07:14 PM
SylviaT Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Dreamwear
Humidifier: Heated
CPAP Pressure: 8

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(06-04-2016 07:14 PM)pupcamper Wrote:  Did you setup an account in DreamMapper? Be sure bluetooth is turned on on the CAPAP. You also need to pair DreamMapper on your device to your DreamStation.

Yes, I had already done all that and it said it was paired. Dont-know
06-04-2016 07:27 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
chill Online

Advisory Members

Machine: DreamStation X500
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Walk-in Mask Closet
Humidifier: DreamStation
CPAP Pressure: 13-16

Other Comments: CPAP True Believer

My advice is to not waste you time on this. DreamMapper provides little more than what the machine itself show. Install SleepyHead and forget about DreamMapper. I have not looked at DreamMapper in weeks. Which reminds me, I should uninstall it. Wink
06-04-2016 08:00 PM
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

I would try rebooting the DreamStation by unplugging the power and plugging it back in. Be sure to take the water tank out so you don't a spill water into the machine if you move it. Reboot the device you installed DreamMapper on also. Try to download your data again after rebooting the CPAP. If it is actually downloading, DreamMapper should show download percentages as it downloads. The Bluetooth on the DreamStation can be erratic somtimes and take several attempts to get it to work. Overall, my experience with it has been good.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
06-04-2016 08:06 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

(06-04-2016 08:00 PM)chill Wrote:  My advice is to not waste you time on this. DreamMapper provides little more than what the machine itself show. Install SleepyHead and forget about DreamMapper. I have not looked at DreamMapper in weeks. Which reminds me, I should uninstall it. Wink

I use DreamMapper every morning to check AHI and leaks. I look at my data on SleepHead once a week unless DreamMapper shows something unusual. I still use EncorePro on occasion to verify something I'm seeing on SleepyHead (such as 0 AHI nights).

06-04-2016 09:58 PM
Jimsp1 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: DreamStation Auto
Mask Make & Model: DreamWear
CPAP Pressure: 7-10

Other Comments:

(06-04-2016 09:58 PM)pupcamper Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 08:00 PM)chill Wrote:  My advice is to not waste you time on this. DreamMapper provides little more than what the machine itself show. Install SleepyHead and forget about DreamMapper. I have not looked at DreamMapper in weeks. Which reminds me, I should uninstall it. Wink

I use DreamMapper every morning to check AHI and leaks. I look at my data on SleepHead once a week unless DreamMapper shows something unusual. I still use EncorePro on occasion to verify something I'm seeing on SleepyHead (such as 0 AHI nights).
Now that I have my AHI fairly consistent and averaging about 1 I use DreamMapper in the same way. Without taking the SD card out I can check the AHI and breakdown of CA, OA and hypopneas which the DreamStation doesn't display.

As for Bluetooth connection problems you may want to turn off Bluetooth on the DreamStation and then turn it back on and go through the pairing process. When changing Cell phones I had to do this as simply choosing the clear pairing option on the DreamStation didn't work.
06-05-2016 08:15 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
chill Online

Advisory Members

Machine: DreamStation X500
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Walk-in Mask Closet
CPAP Pressure: 13-16

Other Comments: CPAP True Believer

The bluetooth was way too unreliable for me. I had to restart one or other or both 9/10 days. Get an SD-air card for your DreamStation and then there is no need to remove it, no connection problems at all, and you get a full set of data in SleepyHead. For me, it made checking on my status both easier and more informative.
06-05-2016 12:11 PM
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

(06-05-2016 12:11 PM)chill Wrote:  The bluetooth was way too unreliable for me. I had to restart one or other or both 9/10 days. Get an SD-air card for your DreamStation and then there is no need to remove it, no connection problems at all, and you get a full set of data in SleepyHead. For me, it made checking on my status both easier and more informative.

I've seen several posts saying the bluetooth on the DreamStation never works for them. I very seldom have issues with the it as long as I don't get to far away from it.

06-05-2016 12:33 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
sdb7802 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation Auto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: built-in with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 9.5-14 C-Flex 3

Other Comments: Retired Electrical Engineer; began using cpap in 2001; FlashAir wifi card and FlashPAP app

I use DreamCrapper every now and then. Sometimes I have to disconnect the iPhone bluetooth connection from the DreamStation, reconnect, and re-pair to get it to work.

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
06-05-2016 12:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Ohmy Can I use the DreamMapper in Asia ( Hong Kong ) ? debby2242 3 204 11-07-2016 04:17 PM
Last Post: Jimsp1
  AHI on Sleepyhead & DreamMapper Hugely Different - Why Acedublb 19 1,140 04-30-2016 05:33 PM
Last Post: Acedublb