Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamMapper Software Data Hog
DreamMapper Software Data Hog
Hi Guys! I downloaded Dreammapper software to use with my Resperonics machine and it automatically puts itself in the Start menu on my PC. Turns out it is a DATA HOG and is slowing my computer down to the point I am about to uninstall it. How can I install it on my hard drive without it being in my Start menu?
I am saving my info on an Excel sheet I created so I do not mind unistalling and re-installing BUT I don't know how to keep it from creating the same problem.
I can simply click on the icon and open the program to open it when I need it.
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamMapper Software Data Hog
If you right click on the program icon you should get an “unpin from start “ option.
A simpler approach if you have a smart phone(even a low end one) is to use the app that down loads the data via bluetooth and displays it on your phone. It also uploads the data from the phone so you can see the data on the DreamMaker site without needing to use the uploader program that seems to be giving you problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume you mean it is in the Start (or Startup on Windows 10) so that it automatically runs when you log on and not just the "Start menu" which is where we find all the links to our installed software.

Delete the icon out of the Start menu. Start or Startup in 10 is just a folder. Anything in it is usually a shortcut that points to the software.

If you can't delete it from the Startup, you can find the .LNK file at one of these two places. One for your user profile and one for "all users":

For you, go to start > run and type in
"%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

and for all users

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp"

Copying and pasting one of those in Start > Run (with the surrounding quotes because of the space in Start Menu) and it should open.

ProgramData and AppData are hidden folder so you won't normally see it by drilling down from file explorer.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
"ProgramData and AppData are hidden folder(s) so you won't normally see it by drilling down from file explorer."

Why would anybody want to look at their data, anyway?
Post Reply Post Reply
heh Thinking-about Dont-know
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your replies!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 63 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 330 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 268 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,605 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 588 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 961 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,153 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.