Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamMapper - "Total Disconnects" ?
DreamMapper - "Total Disconnects" ?
In the details section of DreamMapper is shown 'Total Disconnects' which corresponds to the number of times one has turned off the machine during the course of the nights usage. I do turn off the machine  one or two times a night if I make a trip to the bathroom and the number of disconnects shown reflects this plus the final morning disconnect when I check DreamMapper in the morning. Other than counting bathroom trips, is there any significance to this number relative to actual therapy delivered or is it just simply useless information that Philips thinks might be handy to know?
I also have a Resmed machine which I've used with myAir and I don't remember if it reports 'disconnects' along with what little else it does give the user.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamMapper - "Total Disconnects" ?
Resmed calls it a mask off and deducts brownie points if there are more than 2. Like most consumer PAP software it's a pretty useless metric compared to therapy quality. Excessive disconnects may imply fragmented therapy. Keep in mind the simplistic intent of these programs is to incentivize use, not to actually measure therapy quality or provide useful therapeutic information. More hours, fewer disconnects, events and leaks is about all you get.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 210 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 325 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,454 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  AHI total average vs true AHI graphed hourly average Jessher 9 783 10-23-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Conflicting results from PSG and Dreammapper csl1 9 701 09-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: csl1
  Hourly AHI vs total AHI for the whole night Martyapnea 4 709 07-29-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Total AI vs. Measured AI's Bob Cali 2 549 06-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.