Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamMapper help
DreamMapper help
I just recently upgraded to a Phillips Dream Station and started to notice a few “issues” I am looking for advice on.....

I started to notice I was feeling unusually tired after waking up when I made the switch. Looking at the DreamMapper software my mask fit said 100% however there were 1 or 2 “disconnects.” My AHI’s were all generally below 4 but I noticed my 90% pressures rarely exceeded 8 even though my prescription was between 6 and 16. I was slightly confused as to why but, since they were below 4, I wondered if it was a combination of not completely understanding the data and/or maybe I was coming down with a cold. 

Over the next few nights I had a few AHI’s that were higher (max was 8) but again the machine didn’t not exceed a pressure of 10 this time. Completely confused, I called the place where I bought it for help. The tech looked at my “uploaded data” and said that it showed a major mask leak at 30% and that I needed to tighten it significantly!!! She wants to go to a constant pressure but to me that is just a bandaid and does not fix the problem. Plus, why did I buy an auto-CPAP then???Here are my questions......

1. My mask was fairly tight already, leaving slight indents on my face each morning. Now they are fairly major and my face is red...how is that not WAY too tight???

2. What is the point of the DreamMapper software if the feedback is not accurate? Is this normal???

3. What exactly is a “disconnect?”
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamMapper help
That's a full plate. Let's start with DreamMapper. Dump it and download Sleepyhead because it has a lot more data for you to use. The links for it are at the bottom of my post. For mask fitting and other issues look at this link to some good information. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 02:37 PM)SWalla Walla Wrote: That's a full plate. Let's start with DreamMapper. Dump it and download Sleepyhead because it has a lot more data for you to use. The links for it are at the bottom of my post.   For mask fitting and other issues look at this link to some good information. 

Thanks so much for the reply and the links!!!! So far this whole thing is a little frustrating 

How do I move the data from my Dream Station to Sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look under the flap where the filter goes there should be a SD card there. If not than you can buy one at office supply stores, Big Box stores, or online.

You might need to buy a card reader also to put into a USB slot, unless your computer already has a card reader built in.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 03:25 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: If you look under the flap where the filter goes there should be a SD card there. If not than you can buy one at office supply stores, Big Box stores, or online.

You might need to buy a card reader also to put into a USB slot, unless your computer already has a card reader built in.

Thanks for that, I’ve got multiple SD cards if there is not one in there. I was just not sure if there was a “Bluetooth” option. I’ll research the info you gave me and report back once I’ve tried to adjust things. Thanks again!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Grizz,

Welcome to the Apnea Board. Other than DreamMapper, bluetooth would not be an option, if I have my info right. On the SD card, limit it to a 32 GB size, as I think CPAP machines have that as maximum supported. One option that you can consider is a Wi-Fi capable SD card from Toshiba. Once setup on your home network, you can transfer data to the PC, and onto SleepyHead as well, wirelessly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Grizz,

I'm a Dreamstation and Dream Mapper user as well but Walla Walla is right on.  Down load and use Sleepyhead to dial in your therapy.  Lots of help here to guide you. 

Even though Dream Mapper is not in the same league as Sleepyhead, I use it daily because it's my morning routine.  I use my tablet to link up to the Dreamstation via blue tooth to keep a daily track of results.  Because I have my therapy optimized, I only download to Sleepyhead once a month (and that's mostly cause I'm too lazy to pull out the SD card.  I just like the convenience of blue tooth.)  I find that Dream Mapper and Sleepyhead results are pretty much the same. 

With respect to disconnects, that refers to how many times you turn off your Dreamstation in the night.  You will always have at least 1 disconnect per night. 

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone for all the replies and advice, I truly appreciate it and can't wait to get dialed back in.

Fredman (or anyone else) - I've not physically turned off my DreamStation during the night as 98% of the time I sleep right through until morning. With this in mind, why would it be recording disconnects?

Walla Walla (or anyone else) - Thanks for all the links, I've downloaded my SD card to SleepyHead but feel like I will need a degree to interpret all data!! I've looked at my percentage of "leak time" but it and everything else may as well be written in Greek!! I tried the help and FAQ files but could not find any information on what each section or it's values mean. Would someone be willing to look at my results and help me make sense of them?

Cheers,
           Dean
Post Reply Post Reply
If you only turn off your Dreamstation once in morning, then Dream Mapper will show 1 disconnect. 

You can post your Sleepyhead results on Imgur for us to view and guide you.  Check out Walla Walla's signature which has a link on how to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Grizz,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamMapper - "Total Disconnects" ? StratCat48 1 413 11-27-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Conflicting results from PSG and Dreammapper csl1 9 612 09-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: csl1
  DreamMapper alternatives xaid 3 701 06-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: upsman
  Phillips DreamMapper APP & Dreamstation 2 Data breathingeasy 0 386 05-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Last Post: breathingeasy
  DS2 vs DreamMapper - A Quandry of Numbers StratCat48 4 897 06-17-2022, 07:08 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  A Favor if You Have the DreamMapper via a PC StratCat48 2 634 12-15-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  DS1>DS2 and DreamMapper Access with PC Issue StratCat48 4 1,232 10-27-2021, 07:40 AM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.