Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamMapper not available in Malta
RE: DreamMapper not available in Malta
(05-28-2018, 03:21 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 03:06 PM)Cbugeja Wrote: There is a forum about android stuff, and they have a thread for those who cannot download certain apps because they are blocked. I contacted them and made a request for DreamMapper...

Here it is: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos...ount=12625

Enjoy!

I just tried the link and got the "404 Page Not Found" Error.  I guess you have to be there to appreciate it.

My bad...

this should be better Smile

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos...ount=12625
Gone from 90 to 4 in one night... Pity I can't lose weight that fast!

You folks at apneaboard, rock!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2018, 03:27 PM)Cbugeja Wrote:    <snip>
My bad...
this should be better Smile
   <snip>

huh, got the post number up, eh?   Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
Went ahead and uploaded the Android install file to our server also.

Hopefully folks in one of the blocked countries can install it now.

Thanks for the heads-up, Cbugeja ! Any idea how we can get a copy of the iPhone version??

See here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

[forum login required to access the above link, register for a free account HERE]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2018, 04:32 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Any idea how we can get a copy of the iPhone version??

You're welcome! Such fora can only be useful if everyone pools in their resources Smile

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how one can get the iPhone version in one of the blocked countries Sad

Just a small note: Installing the app does not mean that you can actually use it! Once you install the app it forces you to register on their site, and the registration includes the serial number of your CPAP machine... It seems that quite a few (mine included) have been set aside by Phillips to be greeted with "device incompatible with DreamMapper" error, which stops you from submitting the registration. I take it that those machines which were produced for sale in blocked countries have their serial numbers blocked too Sad
So basically Philips has gone way beyond using geoblocking alone.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow.  They really go out of their way to make life difficult for folks who just want to see their data.

Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2018, 12:28 PM)Sheepish Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 11:58 AM)EddieR Wrote: My opinion only, but Dreammapper is worthless.  It basically shows you what the display on the machine shows you. 
Where does the DreamStation 500 machine display your AHI?

The My Info menu has several pieces of information:
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2018, 09:04 PM)EddieR Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 12:28 PM)Sheepish Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 11:58 AM)EddieR Wrote: My opinion only, but Dreammapper is worthless.  It basically shows you what the display on the machine shows you. 
Where does the DreamStation 500 machine display your AHI?

The My Info menu has several pieces of information:

Bug-eyed Well, whack me with a wet trout! Shock  Woah, now I feel shortchanged. Angry How come mine, under "My Info," as we see on yours, doesn't have that option? No AHI. Sad  I've only got 3 little dots in the top left corner to choose from (therapy hours x2 and 90% pressure), to your 9.

Is this something you activate via the clinician settings?

Or is it perhaps a feature in a different firmware version? Mine is 1.1.1.

Edit: Wait, I found it. Go into the clinician settings and select Device Settings, then activate AHI. Bonus is a couple of other info options also magically now appear under My Info in the regular patient's settings, such as Periodic Breathing and Mask Fit. Who knew? You can teach an old dog new tricks. Banana

I'm just confused as to why this wasn't activated by default in the first place. Was it just mine (set up by the outfit that sold it to me, Supplier #32), or my firmware version? Who has this option enabled by default and what version firmware do you have?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2018, 05:56 PM)Cbugeja Wrote: Just a small note: Installing the app does not mean that you can actually use it! Once you install the app it forces you to register on their site, and the registration includes the serial number of your CPAP machine... It seems that quite a few (mine included) have been set aside by Phillips to be greeted with "device incompatible with DreamMapper" error, which stops you from submitting the registration. I take it that those machines which were produced for sale in blocked countries have their serial numbers blocked too Sad

There is an UPDATE!

I contacted Philips Respironics on the email address that is shown when the site tells you that the serial is incompatible... I told them that I tried registering this new device and that I was getting this error. OBVIOUSLY I did not mention I am from a country where DreamMapper is blocked! I gave them the serial.

Six days later, and a reminder e-mail, and they get to me saying that "Sorry about the late response. I have taken care of the serial number and you should now be able to register this device."

Tried registering... and it WORKED Smile

Suggestion: Those who want to use DreamMapper and they get the "device is incompatible with DreamMapper" error, should contact the email address they give you with that error!

Simple innit? Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, whatayaknow... that's very good news!   like
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 801 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  DreamMapper - Data not transferring from Dream2 gonzalo 1 776 08-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: MrMister
  Dreamstation 2 software (Dreammapper) EricDK 9 1,775 05-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  DreamStation 2 constantly requiring pairing [with DreamMapper] OldNavyGuy 10 6,097 12-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Katman
  Dreammapper Android App won't connect BeachGuy71 4 1,250 09-14-2022, 09:34 AM
Last Post: BeachGuy71
  DreamStation 2, DreamMapper, Oh-oh! StratCat48 5 2,202 12-28-2021, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Lunasea
  Dreamstation / Dreammapper not syncing recruiter 2 2,445 05-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Last Post: recruiter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.