Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamMapper not available in Malta
DreamMapper not available in Malta
Hi

I am trying to install DreamMapper on my Android device, through Google Play Store. I cannot install the application since it is "not available in my country".

I live in Malta Europe. Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks
Regards 
Noel
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamMapper not available in Malta
G'day Noel, welcome to Apnea Board.

Geoblocking of content is a royal pain in the ... Maybe if you travel outside Malta you might be able to download it in another country.

As an alternative, have a look at #SleepyHead. It provides a very comprehensive reporting and analysis capability - might be more than you need, but I have found it invaluable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2017, 09:16 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Noel, welcome to Apnea Board.

Geoblocking of content is a royal pain in the ...  Maybe if you travel outside Malta you might be able to download it in another country.  

As an alternative, have a look at SleepyHead. It provides a very comprehensive reporting and analysis capability - might be more than you need, but I have found it invaluable.

Dear Moderator

I thank you for your prompt reply.  I use SleepyHead to download data from my CPAP Respironics machine, but I doubt whether Sleepyhead has a Bluetooth functionality.

Do you know of any other Android application that might be used to sync to my DreamStation Respironics via Bluetooth.

Regards
Noel
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you able to access something like dropbox, or is that blocked too?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2017, 12:23 PM)Beej Wrote: Are you able to access something like dropbox, or is that blocked too?

Dear Beej

Yes I have Dopbox and Google Drive.

Thanks
Regards
Noel
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you make up another android app store ID and when your IP address is detected as Malta just stop and change it to UK?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2017, 08:49 PM)FancyPants Wrote: Could you make up another android app store ID and when your IP address is detected as Malta just stop and change it to UK?

Could you kindly explain further.  It seems that besides the IP, the App Store reads the mobile number, hence the location!  That means that i won't be able to download the app from Philips.  This is pure geoblocking and I think that the only way to crack it is to use a VPN and mark an USA location hence bypassing the IP.

Regards
Noel
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to suggest using CyberGhost VPN to choose another European location to login from but I know with Apple devices (and that's l use) it would not work.  With Apple you must have a login to the correct country App Store.  

Perhaps it is different with Android devices.  If, as you say it detects the number on the mobile you have no hope of fooling any app store!
Post Reply Post Reply
Does e-mail with attachments get blocked? I'm wondering if the files might be sendable that way.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Google  "download restricted Android apps from Google Play"

lots of ideas and instructions.

You could always contact Philips Respironics and ask why it is not available in Malta
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 757 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  DreamMapper - Data not transferring from Dream2 gonzalo 1 711 08-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: MrMister
  Dreamstation 2 software (Dreammapper) EricDK 9 1,738 05-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  DreamStation 2 constantly requiring pairing [with DreamMapper] OldNavyGuy 10 5,914 12-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Katman
  Dreammapper Android App won't connect BeachGuy71 4 1,176 09-14-2022, 09:34 AM
Last Post: BeachGuy71
  DreamStation 2, DreamMapper, Oh-oh! StratCat48 5 2,153 12-28-2021, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Lunasea
  Dreamstation / Dreammapper not syncing recruiter 2 2,321 05-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Last Post: recruiter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.