Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamMapper server down?
RE: DreamMapper server down?
(02-09-2020, 11:25 AM)bins2345 Wrote: Yes, you are absolutely right.  I just found that out as I was loading OSCAR for the first time.  Is there an alternative to mapper that picks up the data without requiring the SD card?

I've searched but I haven't found a Bluetooth alternative yet.  If someone knows of one, I'm also very interested. 

And I agree that it's ridiculous that Phillips hasn't even posted a message on their website.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having the same problem but it is good to know it is not just me!
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally found a phone number on the website that dreammapper.com redirects to (note that if you use https it just hangs) --  844-669-9935

The person who answered told me that it's a server problem, the department that fixes it is closed for the weekend, and to call them at 800-345-6443 if it isn't fixed sometime Monday.  The support number I got from the dreammapper app yesterday is 844-537-2403; that just gives a recorded message giving their business hours.

I am not impressed with Phillips.  What kind of company doesn't have an on-call rotation for their ops team?

Anyone know whether OSCAR can connect via bluetooth?
Post Reply Post Reply
Currently, OSCAR doesn't possess Bluetooth capability.  You will need to use an SD card, 2Gb to 32Gb in size, to transfer your data.   OSCAR does provide a more detailed sleep analysis than DreamMapper.   To obtain OSCAR, either click on the name here in the post, or from the black menu ribbon at the top of the page.  See the links in my signature to provide a foundation on using and posting OSCAR images.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great information...thanks!

You're "not impressed with Philips?"  Really?  That's an understatement.  This huge multi-national should have fixed the problem very quickly and put something about it on its web-page.  Absurd.  Thanks, again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2020, 03:32 PM)bins2345 Wrote: This huge multi-national should have fixed the problem very quickly and put something about it on its web-page.  Absurd.  Thanks, again.

It's a long-known fact by many of the more experienced Apnea Board members that CPAP manufacturers don't see you (the patient) as "their customer".  Instead, they consider Durable Medical Equipment companies (DMEs) as their customer, and you are a customer of the DME.

The only reason DreamMapper exists is to offer the end-user something in the way of looking at a minimal amount of data to placate you.  But clearly, they're not going to be "bothered" by putting on a lot of extra staff to handle patient questions or software support, when the patients are not even their customers.

That's how they see you and I - not as customers at all.  They aren't trying to impress us... they're trying to impress and serve the DMEs, because that's who pays the CPAP manufactures.  We are the DME's customer, since we pay them.

Sad but true.

Cool
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's very interesting.  Thanks so much.  I'm new to this industry and, I guess, I let my sympathy for the very personal nature of the subject matter overshadow my generally very keen consumer instincts.  You've put me on the right path and I appreciate it.  Tomorrow I'll find out how well Philips supports its dealers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2020, 04:56 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: CPAP manufacturers don't see you (the patient) as "their customer".  Instead, they consider Durable Medical Equipment companies (DMEs) as their customer, and you are a customer of the DME.

Good point.  Now that I have OSCAR installed it's probably not worth pursuing (but I probably will anyway, just to annoy them).
Post Reply Post Reply
DreamMapper server is down. 
PhilipsCare tweeted so.
https://twitter.com/philipscare/status/1226638877953314818?s=21
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't suppose the Dreammapper instructions suggest that one follow PhilipsCare on Twititer for status updates...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 757 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  DreamMapper - Data not transferring from Dream2 gonzalo 1 711 08-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: MrMister
  Dreamstation 2 software (Dreammapper) EricDK 9 1,738 05-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  DreamStation 2 constantly requiring pairing [with DreamMapper] OldNavyGuy 10 5,914 12-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Katman
  [prismaTS] Accidentally uninstall SQL Server rudwna 4 678 12-07-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd
  Dreammapper Android App won't connect BeachGuy71 4 1,175 09-14-2022, 09:34 AM
Last Post: BeachGuy71
  DreamStation 2, DreamMapper, Oh-oh! StratCat48 5 2,153 12-28-2021, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Lunasea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.