Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new Resmed A10 has mind of its own?
new Resmed A10 has mind of its own?
Two issues here with a 2-month old Airsense 10. (I am not asking about my sleep data, just showing the data gaps.)

Runaway CPAP (the most concerning issue)
I woke in the night (3/17) with the machine cycling at a high respiratory rate that wasn't pacing to my breathing. I could feel the pressure and the resulting EPR release and it would do a complete cycle in the time I normally would inspire. I was trying not to pace myself with it so I didn't hyperventilate. I couldn't get it to respond to my breathing, so I turned it off and then back on. That seemed to fix it....  but that was scary. It was like a runaway train.

I can't totally rule this out as a nightmare, but I feel CERTAIN this was happening.

Anyone ever experienced this?

Data Gaps (partially solved)
I have noticed a couple of nights with gaps in the data (several breaks). On 3/17 Oscar showed 3 hrs and 19 minutes of use (attached), but the myair app showed 6 hours and 4 minutes!  I trust the myair time because I woke with the mask on around that time. (Just noticed the A10 didn't change the time. It has a cell modem so it knows the time changed. Disappointing.)

I read an OSCAR troubleshooting note to purge the OSCAR data for the day and reload it. I did that and it loaded a more complete chart. Strange....  there are still gaps, but it picked up several more hours at the end of the night. (See the attached.)

So, it sounds like an Oscar glitch.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new Resmed A10 has mind of its own?
It looks as you had large leaks during much of the night.  The machine was trying to get up to pressure and could not because of the leaks.  It appears that leaks were from an open mouth instead of a mask leak.  You have to get control of your leaks.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I've experienced the pulsating pressure you describe when the humidifier chamber is not completely seated. Make sure your chamber is pushed completely into the machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies! It makes sense that the A10 is trying to deal with the massive leaks. I'll also watch my humidifier closer when plugging it in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 851 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Low AHI, tired foggy mind Artanox 72 4,462 05-05-2023, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Apnea23
  mind spacey after CPAP use intershift 8 1,490 05-17-2019, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  I actually don't mind the Cpap anymore but might Give up due to bloat Daso 7 2,984 02-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.