Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Airsense 11 Soft and For-Her Mode Comparison
[split] Airsense 11 Soft and For-Her Mode Comparison
I have been exploring the clinical settings for my new A11. What are the differences (pros and cons) between using the Autoset with Soft Mode and Full Time EPR 3 versus using the Autoset For Her with Full Time EPR 3. I cannot find a Soft Mode for the For Her version. I would be using a static pressure.  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Airsense 11 Soft and For-Her Mode Comparison
You can't find a Soft response in For Her mode because For Her Mode only supports Soft Response.

Other differences:
  • If pressure is 12 cm or higher it will not increase pressure, because of apneas. But may still increase pressure because of other indicators (FL and snores)
  • Will establish a new minimum pressure (for the current session), if two apneas occur within a minute.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have been reading in advance of me getting a new Airsense 11. If I am reading it correctly, you can get Air sense 11 “soft” or “for her mode” but not both. My question is “What’s the difference “.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2022, 04:21 PM)Rcgop Wrote: If I am reading it correctly, you can get Air sense 11 “soft” or “for her mode” but not both. 

No.

In regular APAP mode, you can select Soft or Standard Response.

In APAP for Her mode, it only supports Soft Response, there is no Standard response.

Soft Response means softer (gentler) increases and decreases in pressure changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know the Autoset Standard, soft and For Her modes would only make a difference in how quickly pressures would change if a pressure range is allowed. Since you will be using an Autoset mode, but with fixed pressure, the selection of algorithm will make no difference at all. I would still be interested in the experience of others when using a pressure range in how the Autoset soft, standard or For Her are perceived.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am switching to the For Her Mode with 10.6 Static Pressure for the next few nights to see how I feel. Before I got the A11, I used the A10 for Her in both min/max pressure settings, and a single static pressure setting. I think I prefer the static pressure setting.  We'll see.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2022, 06:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I would still be interested in the experience of others when using a pressure range in how the Autoset soft, standard or For Her are perceived.

I tried the "For Her" for the first 10 days I had my 11. It was noticeably worse than autoset. About every other day I would have long 45-second or more obstructive events with desaturations. I would wake up with vertigo, and then a nasty headache all day.

I didn't realize that the "soft" option had appeared when I went back to autoset. Maybe I will experiment with that. Although I've not been bothered by pressure zooming up to deal with events and flow limitations.

Back in 2014 when I got my Air10 they were just released. I wanted to try the ForHer, but that would have meant another 6-8 weeks of backorder. It had already been a full six months from when I was diagnosed using an overnight test, and I wasn't willing to wait any longer, so I took what I could get. I'm now happy to know that I made the right choice!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 226 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 253 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 551 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.