Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation 2 - Auto On/Off Option
DreamStation 2 - Auto On/Off Option
I have been using Auto CPAPs since 2009 consistently every night.  I have had 5 machines over the years - my current two are an AirSense 11 and my new replacement DreamStation 2, that I just received.  

I have gotten used to using Automatic On/Off to start my machines by just breathing or removing the mask.  I have just setup my DS 2, but can't access the option to activate them using the clinician menu.  Apparently they can only be activated using "Care Orchestrator" for some unknown, insane reason. 
Oh-jeez   

My questions are: (1) Is the default setting On or Off and (2) if they are set to "Off", is there any work around?  Also is there a way to access Care Orchestrator?

Thanks for any help or information,
Curt
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation 2 - Auto On/Off Option
1) By default, Auto-On is enabled and Auto-Off is disabled. You can check the settings on your machine with the version of OSCAR currently in beta. (PM Gideon if you're interested in beta-testing.)

2) Sadly, not at this point. You have to ask your DME to change the setting, which they can either do remotely or via SD card. It could be worse: if you have a non-Advanced unit you can't even adjust the tube temperature yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  for the info on the defaults.  

I tried the DS2 for the first time this afternoon and it worked exactly as you stated.  I'm not concerned enough about AutoStop to bother contacting anyone, but I can't understand the micromanagement aspect of the need to restrict access to those settings.  

As far as the DS2 goes, I am very happy with the machine as a replacement for my DS1, which was previously my favorite machine.  I read so many negative reviews that I had decided to remove the foam from my DS1 and return the DS2.  Luckily, I decided to try it before returning it and found it to be comparable to my AS11 and the DS1, with no complaints... only the access to the Auto settings.

Again, I appreciate your reply, it was very helpful...
Curt

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2022, 08:18 PM)CurtA Wrote:  but I can't understand the micromanagement aspect of the need to restrict access to those settings.  
Neither can we, have you read the Action Alert in the forum.  This is exactly what started it.

@sawinglogz can you compile a list of all items like this that you are aware of.  In AST is fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,003 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 634 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 626 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 539 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 618 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,085 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 459 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.