Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation 2, DreamMapper, Oh-oh!
DreamStation 2, DreamMapper, Oh-oh!
I received a DreamStation 2 via FEDEX this morning to replace my DS1 under the recall. My intention is to continue to use the DreamStation 1 at least for a while longer as I'm not that all concerned about the foam issues. I did however after unpacking the DS2 plug it in to ensure it powered up and to play with the menu system a bit. When it was first powered up it decided to call 'home' and grab my settings at which I thought, OK that's good (maybe). A little while later I went into the DreamMapper software (Desktop Windows PC) and noticed a new message in the 'Feed'. The message kind of hinted that DreamMapper knew I had a new machine which prompted me to look at the settings where I discovered the DreamStation 2 had taken up residence as my primary device. Since I plan on using the DS1 a while longer and then potentially as a backup machine later, I didn't really want the unintended change to the DS2 as of yet. I was able to enter the serial number of the DS1 into the secondary device space and it saved it, but I won't know for a another day if the data from the DS1 will log the data when it calls in. The DreamMapper software allows me a quick daily check in the morning of how the night went and I can compare it to data from an O2Ring and Fitbit, all done in a desktop PC. 
Should I anticipate any problems having the DS1 listed as a secondary device which I manually entered? I'm presuming DreamMapper will pull in the data of either machine, but I can't find anything on the Philips/Respironics site that states that it would do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation 2, DreamMapper, Oh-oh!!
The data from the CPAP is transferred to your phone by Bluetooth, then uploaded to the server. The server then sends the stats to the app over the Internet connection. You might have lost your historical data from your DS1 except for what is on your SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2021, 12:36 AM)LindanHotAir Wrote: The data from the CPAP is transferred to your phone by Bluetooth, then uploaded to the server. The server then sends the stats to the app over the Internet connection. You might have lost your historical data from your DS1 except for what is on your SD card.

I use neither a phone or a tablet is access the DS1, no Bluetooth transfers. All data transfer is performed via the cell modem to the server which is then accessible via an internet connection with the desktop PC. As of this morning all historical data is still present in DreamMapper when accessed through the internet, but no data set from last night at the moment from the DS1 which is now the secondary device to the DS2 which is now the primary. I'm hoping later in the morning that the DS1 data shows up, but not sure it will where it's now the secondary.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2021, 07:55 PM)StratCat48 Wrote: When it was first powered up it decided to call 'home' and grab my settings at which I thought, OK that's good (maybe). A little while later I went into the DreamMapper software (Desktop Windows PC) and noticed a new message in the 'Feed'. The message kind of hinted that DreamMapper knew I had a new machine which prompted me to look at the settings where I discovered the DreamStation 2 had taken up residence as my primary device. 
I have the opposite problem. My Dreamstation 2 (acquired the same way) won't make itself my primary device. I managed to register it as a secondary device, but that won't allow me to connect to Dreammapper. I even managed to pair the machine with my tablet...but not with the Dreammapper software. Not that I love the Dreammapper software, but I want to test this machine before deciding whether to stick with my new ResMed Airset 10 Auto (bought to replace the first Dreamstation when the recall first happened) or go with the new DS2. I am currently waiting for a call back from my DME, whom I called because the software says only they can change the primary device. If anyone knows a workaround for this, I'd love to hear it. (There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the clinician's menu, which I already accessed to make sure the settings are where I want them to be--interestingly, the new machine came preset my old settings, which I had arrived at on my own through trial and error and which the DME had no part in programing.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation 2, DreamMapper, Oh-oh!
The DME should be able to change the the DS2 to the primary. I found out some time after I posted this, that my DME had been notified of my receiving the DS2 and they had the serial number on file. This leads me to believe they had programmed the settings to upload to the DS2 when I powered it on and they also did the switch from the DS1 to the DS2 in DreamMapper.

So far I'm satisfied with the DS2. My daily AHI numbers are consistently below 1.0 which is an improvement over the DS1. The lack of being able to use OSCAR doesn't bother me and I probably only used it once or twice with the DS1

I had contacted DreamMapper support about having the DS1 as a secondary device which I had entered in DreamMapper. I got the reply below. They were pretty quick getting back to me.

"In reviewing your account, I see that you uploaded the DreamStation 1 using Bluetooth earlier today.  Devices in the secondary device field of DreamMapper can only upload to DreamMapper via Bluetooth. 

Please send back your DreamStation 1 as soon as possible and remove the serial number from the secondary device field when you do.

If you have other questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,
Philips Respironics
DreamMapper Support"
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation 2, DreamMapper, Oh-oh!
(12-28-2021, 07:39 PM)StratCat48 Wrote: "Devices in the secondary device field of DreamMapper can only upload to DreamMapper via Bluetooth. 
If that's the case, then why can't my new machine (the "secondary" device) upload to DreamMapper via Bluetooth? I guess I'll wait and see what the DME says. I have to say that my AHI was regularly lower on the new ResMed than it was on the old DS1, but I still want to give the new DS2 a try. Thanks for replying.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 756 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  DreamMapper - Data not transferring from Dream2 gonzalo 1 710 08-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: MrMister
  Dreamstation 2 software (Dreammapper) EricDK 9 1,736 05-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  DreamStation 2 constantly requiring pairing [with DreamMapper] OldNavyGuy 10 5,911 12-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Katman
  Dreammapper Android App won't connect BeachGuy71 4 1,172 09-14-2022, 09:34 AM
Last Post: BeachGuy71
  Dreamstation / Dreammapper not syncing recruiter 2 2,319 05-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Last Post: recruiter
  DreamMapper Secondary Therapy Device SleepFine 0 2,348 06-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Last Post: SleepFine

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.