Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation 2 and Oscar
RE: DreamStation 2 and Oscar
If you ARE a DS2 user and want access to our initial test versions of OSCAR for DS2 PM me.

We have released our first alpha test release of OSCAR for the DS2. No PM, no Access.

Only DS2 users please.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just gotten a Phillips Dreamststion 2 cpap machine. Has the Oscar software been upgraded to support the data that it records to a SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2022, 05:43 PM)C Lionel Wrote: I have just gotten a Phillips Dreamststion 2 cpap machine. Has the Oscar software been upgraded to support the data that it records to a SD card?

The latest alpha does work with the DS2! Like the above post states, PM Gideon to get access to the alpha.
Post Reply Post Reply
For those who don't know the terminology....

"PM" = Private Message

So when someone says "PM me", that means "Send me a private message"

You can access Apnea Board's Private Message system here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/private.php

That link is at the top right of the menu bar of every forum page.

For further help on how to send a PM, read this thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...essages-PM

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, just wondering if there was any updates on alpha test release of OSCAR for the DS2. I have myself a DS2 and would like to help in anyway..
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope the OSCAR team crack the DS2. Unfortunately that is what was sent to me today as a replacement. If there is another thread for me to watch for when there is an update that supports it could somebody point me to it I have a hard time using search on here. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The next version of OSCAR is in beta test now. That version includes Dreamstation 2 support. See http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Beta_Test for information about beta testing and how to join the beta test team.

OSCAR will notify you automatically when a new release is available.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct in that there are other ways to protect the data. I have a PhD in computer security. Making the data readable but unalterable is quite easy, something that I would expect any sophomore / junior level university computer science student to be able to do.

Locking us out of our data is inexcusable. If the folks want help with the encryption, I currently have a DreamStation 1 that is going to be replaced with a DreamStation 2 of some sort because of the recall. I'll happily send you five years of DreamStation 1 data (or whatever is on my SD card - i've had the 1 for five years) and I'll send you data from the 2 once I receive it.

The 2 at least lets you see actual numbers from the clinician menu (based on what I've read here), and you can use the clinician menu to allow the patient menu to see the numbers. Not ideal, but a huge improvement over the 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DS2 encryption has been resolved and full decrypted data is avail in OSCAR V1.4.0 which should be out very shortly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 913 03-28-2024, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 851 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Oscar complaining about replacement DreamStation traveler12 9 1,326 05-07-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Does Oscar work with DreamStation 2 gq1234 1 863 03-03-2022, 11:28 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Does OSCAR support Philips Respironics DreamStation APAP Model MPN: DSX500H11 ktho64152 2 1,080 02-18-2021, 03:08 PM
Last Post: ktho64152
  Dreamstation DSX500 sdcard not visible in Oscar [solved, see post #6] Ryne 5 1,051 09-02-2020, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Ryne
  DreamStation AVAPS and OSCAR Matt00926 1 914 12-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.