Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation 2 and Oscar
RE: DreamStation 2 and Oscar
Double check the permissions for OSCAR
System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=42341]

At a minimum you should have "Documents Folder" and "Removable Volumes".

Are you able to see the data on the SD card using Finder or Terminal?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Permissions are set properly.
It attempts to load the data and THEN crashes, so I know it is seeing the card. It even identifies the CPAP type correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a test, try creating a new profile in OSCAR and see if it will import the data from the SD card without crashing

EDIT: Something else just came to mind and I have seen this happen on both Mac and Windows if the SD card is not "Ejected" properly.
  • Remove the SD card from your computer
  • Reboot
  • Re-insert the SD card and see if it works
Worth a try...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2022, 10:18 AM)querist Wrote: It crashes when it tries to load the data from my SD card. I saved the crash report if you want it.

Please upload a zip of your SD card to:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH

If I’m unable to reproduce the crash, I’ll also want that crash log and OSCAR’s logs.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Version 1.4.0 sort-of works...

It doesn't crash, but when I read the card it told me that something was strange about the data and that I should zip the card and upload it to you, so I did that using the link you provided.

Also, I don't know if this is just because it's a DreamStation 1 or something else, but it Oscar does not give me my AHI numbers, though I can see the values on a bar graph on Philip-Respironics' app and website.

I know that I'll be receiving a DreamStation 2 eventually, but I have no idea WHEN. All I know is that they have allocated a DreamStation 2 for me because my doctor's office told me that I'll be receiving a DreamStation 2.

Thank you, by the way, for all of your work on this application. Once I can see my AHI numbers, I'll be able to track what I need to know for the FAA.

On the ejecting issue, it's not an issue because I lock the write tab on the SD card to prevent my Mac from writing to the card, and the problem with not properly ejecting writeable media has to do with how the operating system caches writes to external media for efficiency.

And, 1.4.0 reads the data as noted in my previous reply. 1.3.1 is the version that crashes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for uploading your card, I’ll take a look at it. I’m glad to know our crash fix took care of your crash.

OSCAR (due to an internal limitation) won’t list the AHI for any day that’s missing detailed data, so maybe that’s what you’re seeing.
Post Reply Post Reply
@querist, is your SD card the 200X110 that we just received?
Post Reply Post Reply
Received a DS2; however, the model number isn't listed in the OSCAR support
It does have the physician's menu access
On the bottom label: DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced (520XT11C)
Is this model supported?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is supported
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any update on this situation, looks like this thread is a couple of months old? Is there a way to import DS2 data into Oscar yet, reliably? A friend of mine has the DS2, and I still have the DS1, which works just fine with OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 870 03-28-2024, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 843 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Oscar complaining about replacement DreamStation traveler12 9 1,309 05-07-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Does Oscar work with DreamStation 2 gq1234 1 858 03-03-2022, 11:28 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Does OSCAR support Philips Respironics DreamStation APAP Model MPN: DSX500H11 ktho64152 2 1,072 02-18-2021, 03:08 PM
Last Post: ktho64152
  Dreamstation DSX500 sdcard not visible in Oscar [solved, see post #6] Ryne 5 1,043 09-02-2020, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Ryne
  DreamStation AVAPS and OSCAR Matt00926 1 909 12-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.