Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation 2 constantly requiring pairing [with DreamMapper]
DreamStation 2 constantly requiring pairing [with DreamMapper]
Equipment:
New DreamStation 2 (received from recall)
Samsung Galaxy S10

Phone App: PHILIPS DreamMapper

Since receiving this Auto CPAP machine, I have to pair my phone with with it at least 3 times a week.  For some reason it keeps forgetting my bluetooth connection. I have never had this happen with any other bluetooth device with this phone, including the the recalled DreamStation.

I'm wondering if any other users are experiencing this same issue.

As a side question.....
I use the DreamWear silicone cushion but I'm thinking about trying out the DreamWear gel cushion.
Does anyone have any experience with both of these?  

I had owned two (one returned after receiving recall replacement) and when I get the 2nd one replaced I will see if that one has the same issue.

Also has one else received a recall replacement and it just showed up on your door step, no email stating to look out for it?  I called the information number and they could not even tell me which of the two DreamStations it was replacing.  One of my DreamStations was Insurance provided one I purchased.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation 2 constantly requiring pairing [with DreamMapper]
They are replacing the one you registered. If you registered both I would assume you would get 2.

Mine just showed up. Yes no contact no email nothing.

I tried the gel pillows I liked them better than regular pillows. But they caused a lot of up ward pressure on my nose.

I dont use the DS2.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I am expecting to get another DreamStation 2, for the 2nd one I registered. I can't seem to find anyone else reporting the Bluetooth issue with a DreamStation 2.  

I had that same upward pressure with the silicone pillows, I ended up just adjusting the Velcro straps to adjust the pressure.   Kind of weird how they are shipping this thing out with out notifying you about the shipment, FedEX is the worst shipper I ever receive packages from, they refuse to put packages by my front door.  

Not sure why this was moved to Software unless someone believes Bluetooth is software.  It's not my phone's Bluetooth so if  it's firmware on the DreamStation 2.  But that's not software.  I will search this forum and see what I can find.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could it be a possible problem with DreamMapper?

Scroll down to the bottom of page, and see "Possibly related threads"... something in those threads may help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I've heard other people complaining about Dreammapper being unreliable, not transferring data, etc, so I suspect it's just cranky. Very annoying, though, for sure.

And yes, seems like most everyone is getting packages just turn up with a new DS2. I guess it's easier than having to email/call every person to tell them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2021, 10:59 AM)OldNavyGuy Wrote: Equipment:
New DreamStation 2 (received from recall)
Samsung Galaxy S10

Phone App: PHILIPS DreamMapper
Sorry the dream mapper app is awful I stoped using it years ago even on the DS1 it disconnected all the time.  Then i couldnt even pair it back.
Use OSCAR..
BTW the DW Gel Pillows are being discontinued in favor of the silicon ones.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
The DS2 is currently not supported by OSCAR. Hopefully, it will be in the near future.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2021, 05:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The DS2 is currently not supported by OSCAR.  Hopefully, it will be in the near future.

Oh true..  I forgot that..
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in a very similar boat! I can relate.  I had have a DreamStation 1 and a DreamStation Go.  I received my mystery box with a DS2 in August.  I'm unsure what the plan is for the DreamStation Go just yet.

The new DS2 has lost pairing with my Galaxy S9 multiple times recently, I thought it was just me. I can not find any patterns as to why it is loosing pairing, but it has been frequent.

Also I purchased a Nonin 3150 Bluetooth, as all the Philips marketing material shows it to be Bluetooth compatible.  I have many feelers out, and at this time I have not received information back on how to pair it via Bluetooth.  I'm starting to think it isn't actually possible.

I have used both of the nasal pillows, and the newer silicon pillows are much better for me.  They keep a seal much better than the gels personally.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phillips replaced my Dreamstation with a DreamStation  2 as part of the recall.  The machine paired with Dreammapper for about 6 weeks then quit uploading data. Kept getting "device got disconnected. Try again later" message.  After multiple attempts to resynch Bluetooth and uninstalling/reinstalling the dreammapper app on my Android phone, I called my local CPAP vendor. They referred me to Phillips which has a Tech Support for Dreammapper.  Here's what the resolution was:
1.  Make sure local vendor has correct serial number and email address in their system.
2.  Validate vendor is getting data from the modem.
3.  Go into the Dreamstation Account on PC and remove the old  DreamStation machine.  (Settings then edit).  The serial number for Dreamstation 2 machine must be in the Primary slot.
4.  Wait 24 hours for all the servers to synch up with each other.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 757 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  DreamMapper - Data not transferring from Dream2 gonzalo 1 711 08-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: MrMister
  Dreamstation 2 software (Dreammapper) EricDK 9 1,738 05-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dreammapper Android App won't connect BeachGuy71 4 1,177 09-14-2022, 09:34 AM
Last Post: BeachGuy71
  DreamStation 2, DreamMapper, Oh-oh! StratCat48 5 2,154 12-28-2021, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Lunasea
  Dreamstation / Dreammapper not syncing recruiter 2 2,322 05-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Last Post: recruiter
  DreamMapper Secondary Therapy Device SleepFine 0 2,350 06-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Last Post: SleepFine

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.