Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation 2 hose tearing easily
DreamStation 2 hose tearing easily
I’ve had my DreamStation 2 since the end of March. I woke up in the middle of the night due to a leak near the mask end of the hose (standard DS2 heated hose).  This is the second time in less than four months that my hose has torn in between the wires. I’ve wrapped some tape around it until I can get a replacement. 

Has anyone else had this experience?  Is it just crappy materials?  Is there anything I can do about it?  Or figure out what I may be doing to cause it?  I assume there are no alternatives other than a Philips non-heated hose (or changing machines).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation 2 hose tearing easily
How often do you wash it?

Frequent, aggressive washing, including a lot of disconnecting and reconnecting is one of the reasons why they don't last long.

People who rarely or don't wash their hose last a long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that washing the first hose may have been a factor as you say. 

But I haven’t washed this second hose that also tore.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't tried it, try suspending the hose overhead on a hanger. It may help the hose from kinking or getting pulled that might cause a tear. I've been using the Dream Station 15mm heated hoses for several years and have not had a problem. I do wash it, but it's basically just filling it with warm water with a few drops of Dawn dish liquid and then flushing it with water.

[img=400x607] https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/7100...L1500_.jpg[/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2022, 06:08 PM)K2write Wrote:   Or figure out what I may be doing to cause it? 

Do you sleep in any particular position that may cause the hose to kink where the tear is?  Kinking the hose in the same spot repeatedly might cause it to weaken and tear.   Only suggestion might be to use an infrared (night time) camera and video yourself sleeping to see if you pick up on anything.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s a travel unit. Of course it would be disconnected frequently - every time you travel. Moreover, you are supposed to clean frequently. Am I missing something here?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry. I was mistaken. The Dreamstation Go has a smaller hose and mine failed with little use.  It’s very lightweight and I am looking to glue but need something safe to breath.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 581 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 639 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,555 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.