Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why I hate MyAir more than the heat of 1000 suns!
RE: Why I hate MyAir more than the heat of 1000 suns!
I have only been on APAP for less than 2 months. The FIRST NIGHT a saw the smiley faces and it made me so mad and so sad. The issue is that Resmed obviously believes that the average user:
1. Has low intelligence and low ability to understand their disease and equipment
2. Is not driven to aid in their own treatment 
3. Will not try and be compliant with the program and process unless treated like a five year old.
4. Does not wish to be responsive to actual medical issues that need addressed in treatment.

It made me want to return the equipment day ONE. I do like my machine (I guess), but in looking at my OSCAR it is obvious that many of the AHIs shown are not AHI at all, but instead post arousal (i.e. positional change etc) breathing changes. Do they meet the definition? Yes, unless one considers that there was a definite arousal and therefore no sleep cycle existed during that time.

I have seen children as young as 7-10 years old with diseases. Within weeks to months they can discuss their diseases intelligently with doctors and with understanding of the medical terms and processes and treatment options. If a child can do that there is no reason not to include adults in their treatment, if not at a professional level at the level of a knowledgable layman.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2021, 12:00 PM)MikeE3 Wrote: I can't run ResScan. Does it depend on reading the data from the SD card?

Thank goodness for OSCAR.

ResScan is a crappy software. It does read the data off your SD card. OSCAR is far superior.

The only thing ResScan is good for is when you want to show a doctor something in your data and the doctor can't or won't use OSCAR, and doesn't trust the printouts from OSCAR.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 08:25 AM)BentleysDad Wrote: I have only been on APAP for less than 2 months. The FIRST NIGHT a saw the smiley faces and it made me so mad and so sad. The issue is that Resmed obviously believes that the average user:
1. Has low intelligence and low ability to understand their disease and equipment
2. Is not driven to aid in their own treatment 
3. Will not try and be compliant with the program and process unless treated like a five year old.
4. Does not wish to be responsive to actual medical issues that need addressed in treatment.

I think most users have no interest to aid in their own treatment.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 08:08 AM)BentleysDad Wrote: I would bring my laptop loaded with all OSCAR and data to my doctor. I would then tell him to download OSCAR and make arrangements for me to send him the data for review. There is NOTHING worse than a doctor who does not take his position seriously.

In most if not all clinics, for example, doctors are not allowed to install software on their computers. The clinic is concerned with patient confidentiality and the fear that it could be breached by the use of any software other than what they've approved.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I use myAir on occasion to check the number of hours of use the previous night. I don't pay much attention to the parts of it that I don't like or find useful. I have learned, for example, not to trust the leak statistics, whether I see them on myAir or anywhere else. It is no substitute for examining the leak rate graph using OSCAR.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I do wonder, if MyAir is such a headache and so many are hating it so much, why does one complain about it but use it? For those of you that hate it so bad, disconnect, pull the MyAir plug and voila. Fixed. Use your friendly CPAP neighborhood report tool, OSCAR and no more hate and ulcers.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 10:11 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I think most users have no interest to aid in their own treatment.

It is my belief that when a system is designed to keep the patient ignorant, they will act accordingly. When the system its designed for knowledge and understanding and self awareness and input into the process then they will rise up to meet the expectation. The real crime is that the entire medical system is designed to assure patient ignorance and that in fact the patient must actually direct their own treatment and medical care in all areas of medicine or face the consequence in the end. Especially with HMO plans.
Ergo, companies need to have available the tools for patients who care. If they want compliance this is the best way to obtain it. A smiley face regardless of the true value of treatment does nothing for anyone, especially a medical professional.
Post Reply Post Reply
The gold standard for patient-managed treatment is diabetes. If diabetics were to treat their diabetes like sleep medicine wants apnea patients to treat their sleep apnea, the diabetics would simply be dead. Imagine telling a diabetic that they can't lower their insulin dose when their blood sugar is 40...

Remember the scene in the movie Airplane where the people are lined up to slap the hysterical woman?

https://youtu.be/i0GW0Vnr9Yc

Well sleep medicine has defined itself as something with the primary function being to force people to use this machine. They get into the specialty because they get the chance to line up and assault people. If they wanted to help people by giving patients the tools to live better lives and helping them use the tools, they would have gone into a branch of medicine which respects patients. I think that what attracts them to the field is that they are rewarded and lauded for bullying people.

Or, shorter version, everything you need to know about sleep medicine is summed up in the fact that they use the word "compliance" to characterize things that people do when they are unconscious.
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir = this...

[Image: uyEuhfw.jpg]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Dave and others:

"I do wonder, if MyAir is such a headache and so many are hating it so much, why does one complain about it but use it? For those of you that hate it so bad, disconnect, pull the MyAir plug and voila. Fixed. Use your friendly CPAP neighbourhood report tool, OSCAR and no more hate and ulcers."

Totally agree. I uninstalled the app ages ago, for all the reasons above. 

It's liberating! One less App to Control my Life, Control my Time, Tell me What To Do.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] So far I hate CPAP mindyb01 5 430 01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: rogerded1
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 402 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 404 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  eson2 mask and heat tubing kerm007 2 448 10-07-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: kerm007
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 631 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 465 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,646 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.