Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Auto - setup question
DreamStation Auto - setup question
Unpacked it and got it configured. Didn't take long, the clinician manual was included.

Question:

There is a setting,"Mask Type", that has the options "OFF", "x1", "x2", "x3", "x4", "x5".

The book says it's for pressure compensation for a Philips Respironics mask. I don't have a PR mask, I have a Resmed mask. I do have the book for the mask, and it does have 2 resistance numbers: 50 L/min: 0.4 cm H2O and 100 L/min: 1.4 cm H2O.

Mask venting rate at my pressure is going to be about 27-28 L/min.

Any ideas on how this "Mask Type" should be set?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Auto - setup question
I used a PR Nuance Pro pillow mask for a while. The resistance setting for it is x2 for the s,m and large pillows. When I changed to the ResMed Airfit P10 I kept the same setting. It seems to be working out OK. I couldn't see a difference in my numbers after the change.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'm using a Resmed Swift FX nasal pillow mask.

I'll look at the PR Nuance Pro data sheet and see how the numbers correspond to the Swift FX and set accordingly.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is mostly marketing. It makes a small adjustment to the pressure based on the leak rate. It is not a critical setting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 102 3 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,940 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,203 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.