Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation BIPAP ASV Report Errors
DreamStation BIPAP ASV Report Errors
First, thanks to all the folks who support this forum and the Oscar software. Also, my profile is outdated, I have changed from a ResMed to a Respironics, but I have not yet figured out how to change my profile.

I just downloaded the Oscar software for my (new) Respironics DreamStation BIPAP ASV. I downloaded 1 days worth (my first day with this "replacement" machine) of SD card data and generated a report. Oscar recognizes my machine as a Dreamstation BIPAP AutoSV, but it also lists it as "Advanced (900X110)". The REF # on the back of the machine is actually "DSX900S11", not sure if this minor model number discrepancy is important to my problem or not. It does report the SN correctly.  

My problem is the "Daily" report shows all zeros for, among other things, Event Flags and AHI . It does show data graphs for some stuff like Flow Rate and Mask Pressure. It also shows "Plots Disabled" for most of the graphs in the "Daily" report. It does show the correct usage hours. It also shows incorrect max pressure of 15.2, where the actual max pressure should be 9. I did make a change to the Therapy sessions in the morning after I used the machine and before I transferred the SD card data into Oscar.

So, I am extremely grateful for you software folks to be working on the software for my machine. I am hoping when you get time you can look into my problem. Perhaps it is a data format mismatch issue ?

I've attached a screenshot of part of the Daily report.
Thank You.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation BIPAP ASV Report Errors
I'll try to help you with a few things.1st: Click on F10 to get rid of the right sidebar. 2nd: Click on the black triangle by the date to hide the calendar.    
These are of no use.  Then go down the right bottom where you see event flags, click on all the red charts to bring them green. To update your

profile, upper right corner, click user cp, go on edit profile, go to required field, do your changes, go down the page to update profile.  

Hope that helps a bit!    

ps: When it's all 000 it's supposed to be good!  

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is limited data on Oscar, I think the old beta sleepyhead may be the same, but worth a try.

Normally the charts are okay. But they may not be. You would need a Philips program that your doctor would have. Can you post your settings. Your chart seem very stable. Min 4 max 7. I would double check that you have CA. It may have resolved. The machine seems to be treating flow limitations towards hypopnea
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
For your profile edit:

go to UserCP at the top right

find “Your Profile” and click Edit Profile

edit whatever’s needed

save by clicking Update Profile

go get a coffee for a job well done

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day mmannari99. Welcome to Apnea Board.

There are some known issues with the Philips Respironics ASV machine in both SleepyHead and Oscar. You might want to cross-check your results using Philips Encore Pro software which is available on our Private Files and Links forum.

The best way to organise your charts for review is shown in the wiki article here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello DeepBrreather,

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded and attempted to install EncorePro2. I did have to download MS Net Frameworks. I accepted the license agreement. I had to choose "Advanced" install, and am stuck getting past the database server install. Below are screenshot errors I get.

I tried just installing the client software, "EncorePro2", option 2, it then gives me the default  location of the database server, but then I get "Failed to connect to given server". 

So, I assumed I need to install a database first. I chose to install the 1st optio n "Database", it asks me to select the database server location, but I can't enter anything into the field and don't know what to enter anyway, and if I then fill out either of the authentication methods, and hit Next I get "Server does not exist or does not contain an EncorePro 2 database.

Can you help determine what I'm doing wrong? Maybe I need to install SQL Server on my PC?

Attached are screenshots.

Thanks,
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I did not include the screenshots on the last post. Lets see if I can attach them in this one.

[attachment=12564]
[attachment=12565]
[attachment=12566]
[attachment=12567]
[attachment=12568]
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to install Microsoft Sql server and follow the install instructions to setup security and stuff it will work with the free version
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn off OptiStart. OSCAR will then give a full report, though pressures will be off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 206 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,603 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,357 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,764 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  how to use CPAP data to compute RDI with machine that doesn't report RERAs? TryingToGetItRight 3 675 09-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  User report: Löwenstein Prisma Smart Plus works very well with 1.5.0 clan 1 787 09-24-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: clan
  SD Card errors/OSCAR....all new to me TomWii 11 1,547 09-23-2023, 04:02 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.