Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
Quote:Admin Note:  This thread subject is about the Philips-Respironics recall of DreamStation Go machines.  In order to further organize posts and not have several duplicate threads about the Philips DreamStation Go recall, let's try to keep all the DreamStation Go recall information and questions here in this thread.

A summary of basic recall information is included in this Wiki Article:
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ecall_2021
(that article includes a list of actions users may wish to take)

Information and questions regarding the other Philips machines under recall (not the DreamStation Go units) should generally be posted in this thread:

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...-ONE-USERS

I own the DreamStation Go with the dedicated humidifier for business travel and it has served that purpose well. But for now the Go is sidelined and I am lugging around my Resmed Autoset 10. I registered on the Phillips site but assume the Go as a “travel” model is low priority in the recall. Has anyone received a replacement or repaired DreamStation Go from Phillips?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Go Users | Anyone receive a replacement or repaired unit?
I have a Dreamstation and Dreamstation Go and have only just recently received emails from Philips for both units confirming registration made some time ago and informing me that it may take up to 12 months for repair and/or replacement. I bought the Dreamstation Go last Fall for travel and it has minimal hours. I had already replaced my Dreamstation prior to the recall with an Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO due to flow limitation issues I have that the Dreamstation doesn't address. I had recently started traveling for work and am not confident that my Go will be fixed anytime soon, so I bought a Resmed Airmini.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too am beginning to travel again for work and carrying around the AS10 doesn't work for me. I need to pick up another travel machine to cover the gap until the Go is replaced or refurbished.  I use EPR and prefer the Remed algorithm but not sure I want to drop $1K on the Airmini.  I am considering the HDM Z2 to cover the gap. Seems to have decent reviews (better than the first gen model) and it is half the price. I suppose I can sell it or keep as back-up when the Go is back in service. Any strong views from Z2 owners?
Post Reply Post Reply
We are coming up on the one year anniversary of the Phillips recall announcement.  Just checking in to see if any Dreamstation Go owners have received a replacement unit.  All I have from Phillips are a bunch of happy talk emails describing the studies they are doing to exculpate themselves. My Go is an expensive doorstop.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also a member of this club. The truth is Philips is not making any new travel machines. That would leave us with this reality.
  • We will not be receiving a new replacement machine
  • We will not be receiving a refurbished machine. They have no returned product to work on.
That would leave us with the possibility of receiving a complete cash refund..........
Post Reply Post Reply
Or maybe never travelling again... Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still no replacement for my Dreamstation Go, or my DS1, just emails once and a while stating I am registered for both units. I expect I will eventually receive a refurbished DS1 or new DS2 replacement for each unit. I would rather be refunded for the Go since I don’t need 2 Dreamstations and have bought an Airmini for travel. I only bought the Go in the Fall of 2020 and it was only used about a dozen times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Due to its smaller size, I expect the DS2 to take the place of the DS Go, but that's just a guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
For my money, the DS2 would be a poor replacement for the DS GO. The DS GO is a dedicated travel unit with a small footprint and modular design that allows for attachment of an accessory battery or humidifier if one desires. While smaller than the DS1, the DS2 is still a full size unit with a built in humidifier. I need a travel CPAP that easily fits in a messenger bag—not another full size unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still no replacement for my DS GO here either. I actually use my GO full time, and I removed the foam using the drain weasel method described in the foam removal thread. Not much change in noise level when using the humidifier, but it is a bit noisier without the humidifier, although it’s not too bad. So I intend to keep mine. I’m also still waiting for a replacement for my old System One machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 1 45 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  EPR questions juniper 7 239 Yesterday, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 391 04-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,844 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 186 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 343 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 227 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.