Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
RE: DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
It’s been so long now that I’m thinking about switching back to receive the $900 compensation option.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
Indeed, seems pretty clear that Phillips is remediating the DS Go’s they received back from those who elected the cash option. However, no report yet of anyone actually receiving one…

“Thank you for your patience. Your DreamStation Go device is provided to you as a replacement for your existing therapy device. This device has been inspected and is safe for your continued therapy use.

A note about the foam used in your DreamStation Go

While affected devices contained a polyester-based polyurethane (PE-PUR) sound abatement foam component, the sound abatement foam in all new and recertified devices is a silicone foam that has met all applicable industry testing standards, including particulate and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) emissions testing, and is authorized as part of our remediation.”
Post Reply Post Reply
Just in case any one else is waiting ...

I'm supposedly a priority replacement.
"Priority" on my DS1 was 1.5 years.

"We’re reaching out to you because you have registered a Philips Respironics DreamStation Go CPAP device in response to the voluntary recall of certain CPAP, BiPAP and mechanical ventilator devices. You have also taken the necessary step to select between financial payment for affected units or to receive a replacement device. Our records show that you have elected to receive a replacement device.

Unfortunately, we are experiencing unexpected delays in shipping replacement DreamStation Go replacement devices. At this time, we do not have an estimated time in which these replacement devices will be able to ship but are working towards a resolution."
Post Reply Post Reply
I received the same email and I too am on the priority list. We are more than 2 years into this recall and now they tell us they are delayed and have no estimated time for resolution! What have these clowns been doing all this time? One wonders whether it is in the public interest for Phillips to remain in the medical device business.
Post Reply Post Reply
They're all over the place. My DS1 was replaced with a new DS2, my wife's DS1 was replaced with a remediated/used DS1. Now we have to stock two different sets of replacement parts, aside from the GO units. We opted for GO replacement because the units are so terribly portable, matching hose/mask, etc. Makes it easier all the way around. We hike long distances and carry them in our backpacks, size matters.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's has been 3 1/2 months since I returned my Dreamstation Go but I finally received my $500 check from Philips.  I did call them up a month ago to make sure they had received my old device and gave them the FedEx return number to make sure it was on their records.  FedEx did send me a note that it was received months ago.  So finally....
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone get the email about the settlement? https://www.respironicscpap-elsettlement.com/

They claim there will be an additional $100 payment for returned devices - but I have yet to receive any information from Philips on how to return my device for a replacement Go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2023, 10:22 PM)ernismer Wrote: Anyone get the email about the settlement? https://www.respironicscpap-elsettlement.com/

They claim there will be an additional $100 payment for returned devices - but I have yet to receive any information from Philips on how to return my device for a replacement Go.

Same. We received our settlement notices. They've replaced our DS1 devices with DS1 remediated (wife) and DS2 new (me) but haven't done diddle with our DSGo issue. We're registered for DSGo replacement, but nothing more than notices that they don't have one for us yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 217 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 383 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,570 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 179 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 342 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 223 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 156 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.