Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
RE: DreamStation Go Users | Anyone receive a replacement or repaired unit?
I've also got a DS Go awaiting some type of remediation/replacement (along with a DS1 and a System One). I'm currently using a DS2 for my home machine, and I would not be happy with another DS2 as a replacement for the DS Go.

I don't know how I feel about a refund for the DS Go and accessories (Humidifier & Battery). I think I'd rather have a replacement/repaired DS Go...
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a DS2 to replace my DS1 in September 2021.  I still have not received anything yet for the DreamStation Go as of today. I registered both units on June 17th 2021.  I did check the patient portal after receiving the latest email from Philips corporate today; they still have not matched my registration to provider DME registrations.

I would prefer a refund at this point.  I already paid out of pocket for a new Resmed Airset 10 Autoset and AirMini in June 2021. Luckily I was able to buy both units new for <$1,100 before the scramble for Resmed units started to occur.  I was able to sell the Philips  DS2 for enough cash to completely pay for the Resmed Airset 10!

I'm not a big fan of the AirMini; it is noisy.  The DSG wasn't quiet by any means but Resmed's decision to use HumidX pucks and their placement right below the short hose exacerbates the noise from my perspective.  A travel CPAP like the DSG or AirMini is admittedly a must for me for air travel for business, but when we went on our summer family road trip vacation I took the Airset 10 because I wanted full night of peaceful sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still no replacement for me for either my DS1 or DS GO. I too registered both units in June 21 and bought Resmed replacements, an Aircurve VAuto and AirMini for travel. I agree about the noise with the AirMini, however I removed the foam on the DS Go and it is way louder than the AirMini now. I received the same update from Philips today and checked the patient portal. While my DS Go status used to state they hadn’t matched my DME yet, it now states that a replacement will be provided by my DME. Since I bought the GO on line through a supplier I am not sure how that is going to happen. My DS1 has been matched to my DME for that unit for several months (the VA), but still no word on order fulfillment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips sends me an e-mail every few months with an update on the remediation process with a link to the patient portal.  However, when I put in my confirmation code for the Dreamstation Go, I never get a response and it tells me to call Philips.  When I call, they just say they are working on a replacement with no date ever offered.  As someone noted in this thread, they have probably discontinued the Go as it's not available is you search on Philips suppliers on the internet.  I don't know what they are planning since it's been over a year since the recall.  Is there anything we can do?  Is there somebody at Philips we can write or call to get an honest answer?  If they are not going to offer a travel device, they need to make up whole on our purchase.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is crazy!  It's been a year and half since the recall but there has not been a report from any forum member that their DS Go has been repaired or replaced. IMHO, given Phillips' failure to timely repair or replace the recalled units, the Court ought to authorize an alternative remedy: require Phillips to reimburse DS Go owners the cost of their CPAP and custom Go accessories (battery & humidifier) so that we can buy replacement equipment elsewhere. Why should we have to wait years for Phillips to provide a remedy for recalled medical equipment when a replacement ResMed Airmini (or Transcend mini or HDM Z2 CPAP) can readily be had from any one of a number of vendors in one business day?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure that DS Go users are at the end (i.e. bottom of the barrel) of the priority list -- since it's likely viewed by some as a 'travel machine' and hence those people have concluded that it's not someone's primary unit. I don't agree with this assessment, but that's how I suspect the current state of affairs. If there is no replacement, my expensive battery pack that only fits the DS Go will be useless.
Post Reply Post Reply
After taking almost 15 months to be send a nasty  refurbished unit for my dreamstation 1 (which I don’t trust knowing it’s a refurb because it’s medical equipment and can’t sleep because of the thoughts of where has this thing been before are just running through my head) 

I have absolutely zero confidence in Philips as a whole to do what’s right for the go users like myself who not only invested in a go but also the battery pack and the travel case…  I don’t want a refurbished unit. If we were talking about a tv or computer monitor I would not mind a refurb but since this a medical  device we are talking about I want a new unit.. At least I know a new unit hasn’t been previously used and I’m at the point if Philips can’t do the consumers right by providing brand new units.  I want a refund of  what I paid for the go and and the battery and the case and taxes so I can go buy another machine… 

By the way -almost 15 months and it still hasn’t been “matched to a DME”
Post Reply Post Reply
three weeks ago I received texts/emails from Philips for both my SystemOne and my GO. As they have already replaced my DS1 with a new unit (also DS1) and I have removed all foam from my other units I haven't been responding to their messages. This has been going for weeks and I hoping they just go away. Somewhat annoying actually.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have been using both a DS1 and DSGo for a long time. Once the recall registration opened up, my fingers engaged. Both machines were immediately registered for replacement. And we registered my wife's DS1. My DS1 replacement arrived early last month, it's a brand new DS2.

Philips 'escalated' my replacement due to military service and medical criteria. Yet it didn't arrive until about 5 weeks ago. And though both my DSGo and my wife's unit are both fully registered for the recall, nothing on the status of replacements. They do show as registered online, but that's it.

The new DS2 works better for me. Quieter, seemingly better algorithms for my condition, etc. And the 12mm hose is far preferred, just like the Go. Altogether it's a win in respect to the new unit.

Not sure the DS2 is going to be a huge hit across the board. Harder to service, open, etc. which makes me think it will be more challenging for the elderly, anyone with neuropathy, etc. And I'm less than enthusiastic about the inability to turn off the cellular modem. My money, my body, my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, to be clear:
* Nobody here has received a replacement (or repaired) Dreamstation Go (DSG); and
* The DSG is listed as out of stock or discontinued pretty much everywhere.

Same here: registered June 22, 2021 with no meaningful communication from Philips since.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 219 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 383 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,582 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 179 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 342 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 223 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 156 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.