Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Go and ResMed AirMini (Excessive Noise)
DreamStation Go and ResMed AirMini (Excessive Noise)
Newbie,

I have purchased both Dreamstation Go and the Resmed AirMini for travel.  they are both terrible products due to the excessive noise I experienced in the mask (the machines are quiet enough).  I was able to return both machines for full credit after call both manufacturers.  ResMed admitted to their problem with mask noise and said they are working on a solution.  I am amazed there is so little information about this issue and that the manufacturers released these products with obvious shortcomings.

I have successfully used a ResMed AirSense10 auto with a full face mask.  I also use that machine for travel even though it bulky.

i would not purchase the travel machines until there is confirmed evidence of a fix.  More needs to said on various forums.  My notes on the delayer websites were never published!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Go and ResMed AirMini (Excessive Noise)
Plenty has been said regarding micro sized travel machines and mask noise. Not specifically the PR or RM machines, but in general. I would suspect most to have common issues. the PR less so than the RM machine.

Search Z1 for example. They have to put a muffler between the machine and the mask.... by the time you add that and power supply I doubt you save much "space" and weight for travel.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I own both a DreamStation APAP and DreamStation GO APAP.
IMO, the noise difference comes from the smaller diameter hose.
Doesn't bother me. Love the portability of the travel unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to distinguish between the machine's creating noise and the mask's creating noise. My Dreamstation Go makes very little noise with its very slim 12mm tube connected to a ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask. We've successfully traveled tens of thousands of miles together. Easy to pack, and easy to use. I'm never asked by TSA to take it out of its luggage or its slick case.

Your higher CPAP Pressure may be an issue, but my proposition is the machines, at least the Go, definitely are not terrible. Rather, you need to find a new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would love to return my air mini. How did you get the contact info for the airmini to return it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2017, 06:37 AM)Tampa Jim Wrote: I own both a DreamStation APAP and DreamStation GO APAP.
IMO, the noise difference comes from the smaller diameter hose.
Doesn't bother me. Love the portability of the travel unit.

I'm in agreement......the noise level is the same (within a very small tolerance) when using the same diameter hose. The 12mm is great for travel but the loudest. I'm using the Dreamwear mask.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,278 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 146 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 922 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.