Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Masks vs. Nasal masks
RE: Full Face Masks vs. Nasal masks
Please post the daily charts,  they help alot when giving advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check into an Amara View mask - nasal pillow and fits over the mouth - much easier to wear than a typical full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2017, 12:15 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Some folks, like my brother, simply don't have alternatives. They have to use a FFM and just accept that they will have a higher leakage rate.  He sleeps in a recliner, so the side sleeping issue doesn't affect him.  

I have more hassles with some masks than others and some nights, I just pull off my mask and HAVE to move on to another mask, leaks or not, because the original mask was causing some kind of problem that I'm too tired to figure out.  So long as most of the night isn't high leaks, I call it treated.  I do understand though - I used a Full Face mask for the first time last winter because of severe nasal congestion.  It was a PITA.  It will get better when I get rid of this hard mattress.  I'll be able to go back to sleeping on my back.  I will never again believe anybody who says a firm mattress is the only way to go - it has caused me lots of back and neck problems I never had with a soft mattress or even a waterbed mattress.

Try a 4" memory foam overlay(even over a used mattress).. Sleep on my back and can not be without it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 1 54 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 191 04-17-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 162 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,735 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 136 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 517 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.