Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Noise Issue? Check this!
DreamStation Noise Issue? Check this!
I had something happen last night that was new. I turned on my machine after filling the humidifier reservoir and the device was incredibly noisy and not really working at full strength. I turned it back off and got out my manual and couldn’t find anything in a quick search. I thought, “here we go; now I’m having the noisy machine issues that I thought didn’t exist”. 

I opened up the humidifier chamber and found a small flexible plastic circle. I could see on the machine end of the humidifier an opening that was shaped similar to the plastic I found. I assumed the “seal”? Belonged there and tried to put in back in place. I pulled out the manual again after struggling with it and I couldn’t find this seal listed or shown ANYWHERE.  After playing with it another 5 minutes I finally got it seated and when I turned the machine back on it was perfectly fine (no noise). 

I looked thru the manual again this morning and found a single mention of this seal in the troubleshooting section. (See attachment). I have also attached a picture of the seal. 

If you are having issues with noise or malfunction on your DreamStation and you have the humidifier attached, CHECK THIS SEAL!  Oh-jeez

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Noise Issue? Check this!
Thanks My Dreamstation was making breathing noises, too. I tried different hoses and two masks but nothing worked until I read your post. The O-shaped gasket was not completely seated on my CPAP.  I pushed it firmly in place and no more breathing noises! My first Dreamstation did the same thing. I took it to the respiratory therapist at my local medical supply, and she could not figure what the problem was so replaced the CPAP. I bet the same thing was wrong with the first machine! Thank you soooo much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,254 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 84 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 101 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 88 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.