Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Encore accounts on one DreamStation card?
Two Encore accounts on one DreamStation card?
Hi there

I have a DreamStation and have just set up Encore.  What I am wondering is, if my Consultant puts the DreamStation card into their own system, and sets up an Encore account for me, will this cause any conflict with me having an Encore account on my own PC?

I guess what I'm wondering is, does the Encore system just recognise the card, or does it actually put information on to the card (the user profile)?

Hope this makes sense and thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two Encore accounts on one DreamStation card?
The accounts are not linked in any way and both can use the same SD card. Be sure not to erase your SD card data, which is an option in Encore. You will get more details from OSCAR software. Encore is mainly for managing groups of patients and does not have the detailed breakdown or graphic displays you get with OSCAR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! - Welcome

Encore should just read the data off your SD card and nothing else. A CPAP will register the CPAP's serial number to that card. This means that you are unable to use the same SD card in more than one machine, but can use it for different programs like Encore or OSCAR without any loss of data.

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just be aware that OSCAR assumes that an SD card is used by one patient, so it will import all the data from all of the machines it finds on that card. This is by design, as you might get a replacement machine and keep your SD card.

OSCAR ignores Encore account information.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 684 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 598 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 856 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Encore Basic - How to download it? chipbutty 6 2,434 04-09-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Phillips Dreamstation SD Card and the 'PROP' file! jt42cwr 2 604 02-18-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  DreamStation 2 - Will we ever have Access similar to Encore? Wizard99 11 1,135 02-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Wizard99
  Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap deimos 9 4,643 06-24-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: deimos

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.