Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Pro Autotrial?
DreamStation Pro Autotrial?
Hi,

First post here. These forums have helped me a lot in the last few days. Thanks.

So I just upgraded from an F&P SleepStyle 200 I've had since 2008 to a DreamStation CPAP Pro. Obviously that's a big change, but after disabling EZ-Start and C-Flex I'm feeling pretty comfortable.

But I'm curious about the 'Auto-Trial' setting. The posts I've found all say it "allows to set the machine in Auto mode for up to 30 days. After the set period, machine reverts to straight CPAP mode."

My question, which no post seems to answer, is whether you can do another 30 day Auto-Trial period after the first one, or if you're stuck in regular CPAP mode forever. I'm in no hurry to try it, but I would like to know before I do if it's a one-time thing.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Pro Autotrial?
Welcome

My understanding is that the trial setting can be used more than once (no limit.)

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The clinician's manual is a little vague on this: "When you reach the last available Auto-Trial period, the text for this selection will appear in red font". The wording suggests that the auto-trial periods have some hard limit after which this functionality is disabled. That limit is even more vague but seems to be 30 days in total, spread over up to 10 3-day trials.

I have no idea why they limit this.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm attempting to get clarification on this point. -- jM
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
On the Cpap Pro, the total limit is 30 days for auto trial, but it's hard to find much documentation on this. Below is a statement copied from one of the vendors' description of Auto-Trial for the Pro model.
This information pertains to the "Pro" model, which is "not" an auto Cpap.

Auto-Trial

The DreamStation Pro features an auto-trial mode which can be used for up to 30 days. During this period, the machine will function as an auto-adjusting machine that will automatically adjust pressure during the night to provide optimum pressure on a breath-by-breath basis. After the auto-trial is complete, the machine will provide the pressure the user was at or below 90 percent of the time. Please Note: This is not an auto-adjusting machine. Once auto-trial is complete, the machine will not adjust pressure during the night.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that after 30 days, you have to go into the clinical menu and do a reset. That resets everything except the total blower run hours.
You'd then have to individually restore all settings that customize the machine for an individual -- plus you would lose compliance data.

The reset is essentially what a DME would do to a used machine it chooses to resell.

So, it can be done -- but would be a real pain.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the clarification JustMongo.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Art Stan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The new DreamStation 2 Auto-CPAP Advanced machines seem to have an unlimited use of the Auto-Trial settings. 

I tried using the Auto-Trial for three days—with great success, I might add–and had no problem choosing another seven day setting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,757 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,562 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,327 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.