Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Problems
DreamStation Problems
I'm having a couple of problems with a DreamStation that I have been using for two months and wonder if anyone has some insight on solutions.

Firstly, The humidifier leaks. Every morning there is a significant amount of water around the heating plate in the base of the humidifier. Every night, I take the resivoir out and fill it to the max level. In fact it appears to be impossible to overfill by design.The problem persists after my supplier has already replaced both the humidifier unit and the resivior.

Secondly, The bluetooth connection fails every other day and requires either repairing unplugging / rebooting the CPAP to reestablish the connection.

Appreciate the help.

Curtis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Problems
You might be filling the reservoir a bit too full. I've done that. I fill mine to about 1/8" or so below the line. My target is to have the tank nearly empty when I get up.

The bluetooth support on these machines is just horrible. I can rarely get my iPhone to connect. But that is a not a big deal as DreamMapper is nearly useless, you can get the same very limited data on the machine itself. Do yourself a favour, download and start using SleepyHead which reads from the SD card. SleepyHead will give you the data you need to take control of your treatment.

Chuck
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with chill, download Sleepyhead software.
http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

If it were my machine and having only used it 2 months, I would take it back and ask for a replacement.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also agree with chill on the water.

I haven't a clue on the Bluetooth. If you are talking about connecting to DreamMapper, I have an occasional problem connecting to the app that requires a reboot of my DreamStation too. I've started using SleepyHead instead.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a good idea on lower fill level. I will try it out. Sometimes the reservoir is empty in the morning and sometimes there is still 1/3 remaining. Not sure why.

Phillips Resperonics tech support acknowledged the bluetooth problem. I can always connect with the iPhone. It's just a matter of how much effort it takes. Cellular modem is installed, but apparently not software activated by the supplier.

Last time I tried Sleepyhead it would work with my old S9 data but would not import Dreammapper data. Is this resolved now? Should I create two separate users, one for the old S9 data and another for the dream mapper data?

thanks

(05-01-2016, 01:17 PM)chill Wrote: You might be filling the reservoir a bit too full. I've done that. I fill mine to about 1/8" or so below the line. My target is to have the tank nearly empty when I get up.

The bluetooth support on these machines is just horrible. I can rarely get my iPhone to connect. But that is a not a big deal as DreamMapper is nearly useless, you can get the same very limited data on the machine itself. Do yourself a favour, download and start using SleepyHead which reads from the SD card. SleepyHead will give you the data you need to take control of your treatment.

Chuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding the Reservoir, I've taken to using a glass that has colored stripes, you could mark your own of course, and I fill that with water, which I then pour into the humidifier chamber. It winds up being about a quarter inch below the "max" line, but it lasts me about 7-8 hours of sleep, and I've yet to run out of water in the chamber in the morning. I've not had any leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine does that sometimes.

With a high enough water level, I think the water sloshes out through the air input tube into the humidifier chassis before the tube seals to the blower box when you close the lid. Maybe even on opening the lid.

Could be wrong, I didn't look at it real closely.

Just keep it low and slow. Within reason.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just guessing, but it appears that 25% to 50% of the water put in the reservoir winds up leaking into the chases or the table below. I can easily see having electrical problems with the water heater if this continues. Maybe it is a good idea to get into another machine or a Resmed while still eligible.
Post Reply Post Reply
25-50% seems like a LOT. Either you have gotten two bad reservoirs (certainly possible), or you are doing something odd. You are removing it from the machine when you fill it, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is allot of leaking. Yes reservoir comes out every time. In fact, when filling, if you tip the reservoir towards the inlet tube it will drain exactly to the top of the fill arrow. Normally I pour a pit more out the top and visually check. The design should seal the top of the of the reservoir and have double protection for water going back towards the compressor section.

These are allot of problems for a new machine and cause concern about the machine surviving it's warranty and insurance replacement life.

Major leaks in area of electric warming plate and leaking on to table.
Sketchy bluetooth.
Cellular modem inoperative.

(05-01-2016, 10:59 PM)chill Wrote: 25-50% seems like a LOT. Either you have gotten two bad reservoirs (certainly possible), or you are doing something odd. You are removing it from the machine when you fill it, right?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 1,999 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 167 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,837 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,562 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 995 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 461 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.