Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Recall Help
Angry 
DreamStation Recall Help
I registered my Philips DreamStation CPAP with the recall back mid-June 2021, when it first allowed you to register your particular device for the recall. I have received no updates and no communication from Philips. What on Earth is going on?!  Has anybody received their replacement device by now?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Recall Help
Registered my DS1 6/30/2021. Received the replacement DS2 10/28/2021. I had no notification from Philips that it was shipped only an email from Fedex (I have a Fedex account) that it was on its way. My DS1 was about a year and half old.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to the registration site and enter your serial number to see if they flag it as already registered. Their communication has been minimal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I registered mine early on and have received a couple of emails letting me know "the checks in the mail".  They acknowledge my existence and registration, but I have not received a machine.  Also, in the registration, I marked that I was not using So Clean -- I'm thinking they're giving the So Clean users priority.   I am using Resmed, and the Phillips machine is only a backup.  If I can't use Oscar with the new Dreamstation, I'm not sure if I'll accept it anyway.  As for monitoring me, the Sleep Doctor is useless, and the DME is useless.  I want to be able to control the health care equipment that's attached to my face -- and future.
Post Reply Post Reply
I called when the recall was first announced and was told my DS1 was not included.    I later saw an article (2 months later) that listed my machine and called back only to be told it was recalled.  I registered and surprisingly received my DS2 about a month later.  I did not use SoClean
Post Reply Post Reply
I had my DS bipap for 4.5 yrs, had 9200 hrs on it and when the recall hit, I went ballistic, called sleep doc immediately, had a chest x-ray and called every DME in town to see if I could find a Resmed Aircurve, which the doc prescribed. I found 2, but they would not give it out because my 5 yrs weren't over until this coming January.

Looking online, the cheapest one I could find was $12, 995 as I remember, so I had to use my savings, suck it up and buy it.

Then out of the blue, I received a replacement last week, with no communication from Philips at all --- zilch. So I took off the humidifier from my old one, set the numbers on the replacement, and will use it as a backup. Out of curiosity, I found the hrs of use on the replacement was zero. I'm still wondering if this unit which was sent to me is a refurbished one and they reset the hours. (probably)

With my aircurve 10, since July, I've had an average AHI of .5, and had no problems. It's quiet, easy to use, and has given me good therapy. The nasal mask N30i is the best mask I've ever had. (I tried about 10 since my diagnosis back in 2004). I also use a MAD device at times, which I bought from a local dentist who was a qualified sleep advisor. (at a cost of about $1200 - several yrs ago)

Yes, having sleep apnea can be expensive, but what else can we do, since our health is of primary concern (I'm 83 now, and still kicking, so far)
PAP Mode: VPAP-S
EPAP 8.4 IPAP 10.6 
ave AHI = .5 (so far)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2021, 09:16 AM)packtheknife Wrote: Out of curiosity, I found the hrs of use on the replacement was zero.  I'm still wondering if this unit which was sent to me is a refurbished one and they reset the hours. (probably)

That sounds like it ought to be illegal!

Get a good light and a magnifying glass. Examine the most-used buttons and dials for signs of use, such as fading colors or scratches. Check the places where you do things like open the latch to change the filter for the same signs of wear.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Is The Role of DMEs In This Craziness
Are some of the medical equipment providers doing the replacement or repair of machines rather than Philips? The poll makes it sound to me like a group of people are having their machines worked on by their local equipment providers. 
If this is happening I want to be prepared to go into battle with them. 

Or am I reading too much into it? 
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The zero hour machines may be newly manufactured. Otherwise if they are refurbished, they have the board reflashed and a new blower case and blower. They come with a new machine warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen data from DreamStation 1s manufactured this summer (BiPAP), and they have new firmware. So there are at least some new ones being manufactured.

I haven't heard of any replacement autoSVs yet, though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,064 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,232 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Equipment] Mask recall? rltarbu 8 464 01-28-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad Dreamstation Recall Replacement issues jimbob123 4 460 01-18-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New DS2 from recall, what about old DS? NoSnoreDave 10 1,541 01-09-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jtmAZ
  Phillips Recall Question... jonesresidence 9 603 01-08-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed F30i recall (for warnings about magnets) NelsonM 7 988 12-27-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: alpharomeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.