Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Settings Question
DreamStation Settings Question
Per my recent sleep study my AHI was 25; it was nearly 0 when sleeping on my side and over 50 when sleeping on my back. Due to the side sleeping/back sleeping disparity, my physician recommended a DreamStation Auto CPAP, which I have now been using for a bit more than 30 days, together with a DreamWear nasal mask.  My AHI is now averaging 7.8 and while this is a big improvement, I'm wondering if there is anything I should be doing to improve this even more. For example, my pressure is set with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 20. Would changing this setting have any impact  (with an Auto CPAP I wasn't sure that any change makes a difference but I'm a newbie and really don't know how this stuff works)? Any recommendations?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Settings Question
I suggest that you download OSCAR for your sleep analysis. OSCAR will provide a detailed report of your sleep sessions. It will allow you to post images here, so we can make informed recommendations.

Seeing your initial pressure of 4 cm is normally too low for most patients. A starting pressure of 4 cm leaves most with a suffocating feeling and diminishes when you raise it to 6 or 7 cm.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Settings Question
Thanks for the above. I changed my minimum pressure to 7 and that alone improved the results, at least for one night. I had no periodic breathing and the AHI, even after having some wine with dinner, went down to 6.5. Tonight I'm trying a full face mask to see if that makes a difference and I'm also waiting for my SD card reader from Amazon to get delivered so that I can upload some OSCAR data. Amazing (but I guess not surprising) that I'm getting more help here than from my doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 864 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 896 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Need Help on Settings - DreamStation - Oscar Data 93celicaconv 2 521 09-15-2023, 06:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dreamstation 2 settings MontanaGoat 4 414 08-15-2023, 08:57 AM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  Dreamstation question fby002 7 890 08-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: fby002
  Dreamstation 2 Question mawaw1992 5 564 08-05-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 577 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.