Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Software Now Available [EncorePro v.2.17.8.0]
RE: DreamStation Software Now Available
(12-13-2015, 12:51 PM)Jimsp1 Wrote: I got the program to work by deleting all of it and reloading making sure to use the right password. The problem is when I try to download from the card I keep getting the message "The media does not belong to an active Encore patient." When adding the patient did fill in all those fields marked in red.

Do you have a download button on that screen? Just click the download button. It puts up that message unless you have assigned that card to a patient.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
I get that same message with Encore Basic. I just ignore it and hit the download button.
Annoying, but works ok.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(12-13-2015, 01:11 PM)archangle Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 12:51 PM)Jimsp1 Wrote: I got the program to work by deleting all of it and reloading making sure to use the right password. The problem is when I try to download from the card I keep getting the message "The media does not belong to an active Encore patient." When adding the patient did fill in all those fields marked in red.

Do you have a download button on that screen? Just click the download button. It puts up that message unless you have assigned that card to a patient.
Thanks That worked!
Now I have a couple months of data to look at.

Dont-know I have been fighting this download all day. At first I kept getting the computer must be restarted loop, and was able to stop that by booting in safe mode with networking. But now, I keep getting the "Installation of SQL Server Express Failed" Message. Does anybody have any ideas?
"I am not a Doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.Coffee
Just to put more info out there, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the EncorePro software:

Encore Pro 2 System Requirements:

1. Windows-compatible computer running Windows XP professional SP2, XP Home SP2, Vista Business SP1, Vista Home SP1, Vista Ultimate SP1 or Server 2003 SP2

2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or later

3. Windows Installer 4.5 or later

4. 1 GHZ or faster processor speed

5. 1GB of RAM

6. 40 GB hard drive with at least 5 GB of available space

6. CD or DVD-ROM drive

7. 1024 x 768 or higher resolution video adapter and monitor

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(12-13-2015, 07:45 PM)Want2SleepInMT Wrote: Dont-know I have been fighting this download all day. At first I kept getting the computer must be restarted loop, and was able to stop that by booting in safe mode with networking. But now, I keep getting the "Installation of SQL Server Express Failed" Message. Does anybody have any ideas?

All I can offer is my personal experience. I installed it on WinXP, and it was very slow going. Yes, it rebooted (for me, about 3 times, one time after each dependency component was installed, plus the final installation)... for my XP box, it necessitated one reboot for the Windows 4.5 installer update, once again for the SQL server component, and once again for the final install, if I'm remembering correctly.

Plus, it seemed to "hang" the installation for several minutes. But it was doing stuff in the background, as I could hear my hard drive chattering away. It eventually moved on to the next part of the installation phase.

One thing - on many PCs, Windows really doesn't boot up fully until after it's been on for nearly 5 minutes. On each reboot during the installation process, I made sure that I didn't click anything as far as the "continue" button until AFTER a full 5 minutes following each restart. Continuing the install too quickly upon reboot may introduce problems. The installation process likely needs your computer to be FULLY booted up and running to work properly.

Maybe others can offer some insight on your issues as well. Like I said in my initial post, this software is bloated and kind of a pain - but it's the only thing out there for DreamStation users currently. If folks don't have a DreamStation machine, I'd recommend either EncoreBasic or SleepyHead instead.

Hopefully others can chime in on this as well.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(12-13-2015, 08:00 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Encore Pro 2 System Requirements:

1. Windows-compatible computer running Windows XP professional SP2, XP Home SP2, Vista Business SP1, Vista Home SP1, Vista Ultimate SP1 or Server 2003 SP2

Dang, if this is "it" for what it will run on, I guess I am out of luck on Windows 7. Unsure
I think it will likely run on Windows 7, 8 & 10. The reason for these requirements is that when EncorePro 2 first came out, Windows Vista was the "latest and greatest" Microsoft operating system, and they never updated the system requirements list after that.

But I would assume that the rest of the requirements are likely close to being necessary, but it will probably install okay on systems with somewhat less in RAM and processor speed, but run quite a bit slower.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

I have a vague recollection of doing this and having some problems that were only resolved if I actually logged out and logged back on as administrator. "Run as administrator" didn't work.

I had some program that wouldn't install unless I used the actual administrator account that was named "Administrator." There's a secret, hidden, "Administrator" account in some versions of Windows. You can't log into it unless you "unhide" it. On rare occasions, I've run across programs that had to be the "real" Administrator account. I'm not sure if Encore Pro was the program that required this, but you might try it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v...d=noscript

i.e. log out and try logging in as an administrator.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(12-13-2015, 08:56 PM)archangle Wrote: I have a vague recollection of doing this and having some problems that were only resolved if I actually logged out and logged back on as administrator. "Run as administrator" didn't work.

I had some program that wouldn't install unless I used the actual administrator account that was named "Administrator." There's a secret, hidden, "Administrator" account in some versions of Windows. You can't log into it unless you "unhide" it. On rare occasions, I've run across programs that had to be the "real" Administrator account. I'm not sure if Encore Pro was the program that required this, but you might try it.

i.e. log out and try logging in as an administrator.

Yay! I got into the administrator account, and am on reboot number 3...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 870 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 165 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 614 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,086 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,297 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,198 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 762 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.