Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Software Now Available [EncorePro v.2.17.8.0]
RE: DreamStation Software Now Available
(12-20-2015, 08:57 PM)pennidragon Wrote: Hoping someone can help me regarding a reinstallation issue. I was having issues so I uninstalled, including all sql files, the 2 respironics file in c drive, and reboot. When I re-install, the page where it asks u for either traditional or custom install, for some reason the traditional option is grayed out so I can't choose it. When I do the custom, it gives me an error message that this instance name is already installed. And I can't go forward from there. Anyone know what I can do to fix it? Thanks!

Have you tried a system restore from a time before the first install? You'll need to be sure to back up any data you have generated since then. Also, redo any updates or installs you did since then.

Another thing that might help is to do the uninstall and install while logged in as an administrator, not just doing "run as admin."
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
I just tried to install under administrator account, got the same error message again, installation of sql server express failed. I'll look into the Windows restore option tom, but I guess it looks like I may have to completely re install Windows to fix this issue, nothing seems to work Dont-know
Thanks for this, Will be useful for my Doctor to see my progress.
Maybe someday Medicare will give me a Bipap, instead of a hard time.
I have the Encore2 installed and working. Thanks

Is there some way to enter Doctor information?
There seems to be a drop down , but no way to enter the information.

I did try the edit button.

TIA
First, thank you for providing the EncorePro software! It's a lifesaver for me. I did my test abroad and managing everything myself so having a software to look at my data was a must.

Second, I ran into a problem with the re-install of EncorePro 2, where I was getting the following message "Installation of SQL Server Express Failed". I searched all over 2 cpap forums and couldn't find a resolution. Tried several methods with no success. But with the help of Want2SleepInMT, I was able to resolve this issue today. So for anyone who runs into this error, this is what I did. FYI, this is using Windows 10 64 bit.
-In the uninstall/install in control panel: I deleted all Microsoft SQL files that were installed by EncorePro 2, there were about 5 or 6 of them, I knew they were the right files by looking at the "Installed On" date. Then I "Repair" the Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition that was already in the laptop, the "Install ON" date was in 2013, so I didin't delete this file.
-I deleted EP2InstallLog file under Local Drive (C: )
-I deleted "Microsoft SQL Server" under Program Files
-I deleted "Microsoft SQL Server" under Program Files (x86)
-Deleted all files from Trash bin
-Rebooted, and reinstalled EncorePro 2 with no issues
I hope this helps anyone that run into this problem!
(12-26-2015, 03:57 PM)pennidragon Wrote: First, thank you for providing the EncorePro software! It's a lifesaver for me. I did my test abroad and managing everything myself so having a software to look at my data was a must.

Second, I ran into a problem with the re-install of EncorePro 2, where I was getting the following message "Installation of SQL Server Express Failed". I searched all over 2 cpap forums and couldn't find a resolution. Tried several methods with no success. But with the help of Want2SleepInMT, I was able to resolve this issue today. So for anyone who runs into this error, this is what I did. FYI, this is using Windows 10 64 bit.
-In the uninstall/install in control panel: I deleted all Microsoft SQL files that were installed by EncorePro 2, there were about 5 or 6 of them, I knew they were the right files by looking at the "Installed On" date. Then I "Repair" the Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition that was already in the laptop, the "Install ON" date was in 2013, so I didin't delete this file.
-I deleted EP2InstallLog file under Local Drive (C: )
-I deleted "Microsoft SQL Server" under Program Files
-I deleted "Microsoft SQL Server" under Program Files (x86)
-Deleted all files from Trash bin
-Rebooted, and reinstalled EncorePro 2 with no issues
I hope this helps anyone that run into this problem!

This is similar to how I did it, but I am running 64 bit windows7. I removed the downloaded install file, removed the ep2 install log file, attempted to repair my Microsoft SQL Server through add/remove, attempted it again. It was still in the "your computer needs to be restarted" cycle, so I totally uninstalled the SQL server (after making note of what version I had)
Rebooted again
Downloaded and installed the same version Microsoft SQL server from the Microsoft website
Rebooted again
Installed EP2 without any issues!
"I am not a Doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.Coffee
What is the advantage of using this software over using the DreamMapper app?
(12-27-2015, 08:56 AM)wrisleykl Wrote: What is the advantage of using this software over using the DreamMapper app?

The Dreammapper app in my opinion is very useless. It doesn't give you much info, only your AHI #s and the CA/OA/H breakdown #s. EncorePro will give you a much more in depth data. If you are using auto mode, you can see how your machine is adjusting pressure throughout the night. Also, you can see when exactly each event is occurring, be that OA/CA/H/Periodic Breathing, etc. It also lets you know your leak rate. And with the waveform data, you can get a minute by minute look of your resp rate throughout the whole night with info on pressure and events.
Basically, if you only want to know what your AHI is every night, DreamMapper app will be sufficient for you. But if you want a detailed look at how you and your machine is doing throughout the night, you'll have to use EP2.
(12-27-2015, 02:30 PM)pennidragon Wrote: The Dreammapper app in my opinion is very useless.

We shouldn't really say "useless." Compared to no data access, or what's available on the display on the machine itself, it's great. Those who can't figure out a better form of access should use it. It's a bit like having a light on your car that says "check engine." It may not tell you much, but it's a good idea to pay attention to it.

However, Encore gives quite a bit more information, and ResScan or SleepyHead, which don't work on the DreamStation give a lot more than Encore.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Thumbsup 
Thank you for the link to EncorePro. It installed easily, and now I can use the information there with the DreamStation.
Happy New Year!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 636 6 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,010 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,204 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,106 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 688 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.