Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation humidifier comments
RE: DreamStation humidifier comments
Am leaving a post here, in case anyone finds out the working range of the automatic settings from the adaptive mode. Because I am staying in Singapore (hot and humid), the heated host and humidifier doesn't seems to work at all "adaptive" settings, and I can't set it to Fixed too Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: DreamStation humidifier comments
I'm in the Pacific Northwest. Humidity in the house right now (3:30PM) is 35%, probably similar overnight. Used to use Dreamstation CPAP, with humidity 3 (don't know if it was adaptive or not), heat 3, P10 mask + chinstrap, leak rate of 22% over the last year. Switched to BiPAP 3 weeks ago and found that the humidifier was dry in the morning, my nose was bleeding, and my mouth was  all glued together. DME settings were adaptive, humidity 3%, heater 3. I assumed the high water consumption was mostly due to more leakage due to higher airflow, and refilled the tank around midnight.

We spent a lot of time trying to stop mask and mouth leaks without much success, but based on 2 nights' testing of a new F20Touch, I think we've finally found a mask that we think will  work for me. No leaks, can breathe through both nose and mouth as desired. Test mask was too small (and did leak when it slipped above my mouth), but tonight I'll try the Large and I have high hopes. Humidity is set to adaptive, 4%, which makes my nose and mouth much happier, and now the tank lasts until 3AM or so. Haven't fiddled with the heat yet, but suspect cooler would be OK, and might reduce water consumption.

Bottom line, irregardless: the humidifier tank needs to be bigger. I'm wondering if the inlet tube could be reworked to be a closed tube, allowing the high-water level to be ~1.5cm higher, with 4 or 5 large air exhaust holes in the top (or an open top altogether) to replace the open end. I haven't run any numbers yet, but it looks doable. Comments welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a humidifier recommended? DTBetter 16 276 05-07-2020, 04:54 AM
Last Post: DTBetter
  Gritty Foul Smelling Residue In Humidifier Michale32086 19 347 04-29-2020, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Odor after the humidifier ran dry christay 7 325 04-15-2020, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Gary Mussar
Angry Cpap humidifier leaks - GrammaBear 4 227 04-04-2020, 03:23 PM
Last Post: 3rdMarDiv
Question Humidifier non operational Penetra8r 1 144 03-25-2020, 12:03 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  advice/comments central apnea pugster 12 478 03-05-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  humidifier fireleg 13 542 02-27-2020, 03:39 PM
Last Post: farnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.