Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation humidifier comments
RE: DreamStation humidifier comments
Am leaving a post here, in case anyone finds out the working range of the automatic settings from the adaptive mode. Because I am staying in Singapore (hot and humid), the heated host and humidifier doesn't seems to work at all "adaptive" settings, and I can't set it to Fixed too Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in the Pacific Northwest. Humidity in the house right now (3:30PM) is 35%, probably similar overnight. Used to use Dreamstation CPAP, with humidity 3 (don't know if it was adaptive or not), heat 3, P10 mask + chinstrap, leak rate of 22% over the last year. Switched to BiPAP 3 weeks ago and found that the humidifier was dry in the morning, my nose was bleeding, and my mouth was  all glued together. DME settings were adaptive, humidity 3%, heater 3. I assumed the high water consumption was mostly due to more leakage due to higher airflow, and refilled the tank around midnight.

We spent a lot of time trying to stop mask and mouth leaks without much success, but based on 2 nights' testing of a new F20Touch, I think we've finally found a mask that we think will  work for me. No leaks, can breathe through both nose and mouth as desired. Test mask was too small (and did leak when it slipped above my mouth), but tonight I'll try the Large and I have high hopes. Humidity is set to adaptive, 4%, which makes my nose and mouth much happier, and now the tank lasts until 3AM or so. Haven't fiddled with the heat yet, but suspect cooler would be OK, and might reduce water consumption.

Bottom line, irregardless: the humidifier tank needs to be bigger. I'm wondering if the inlet tube could be reworked to be a closed tube, allowing the high-water level to be ~1.5cm higher, with 4 or 5 large air exhaust holes in the top (or an open top altogether) to replace the open end. I haven't run any numbers yet, but it looks doable. Comments welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still Thread challenged. Searched Humidification and found "should I use a Humidifier "where I posted my question about trying heated hose etc. After reading WIKI. 
Then I found this on point thread as I have a dream station. I am sneezing and congested today despite distilled water in the tank.
I try to read all answers so not to ask questions that have been answered.
How do I search better?
Post Reply Post Reply
these are all helpful....but so much to learn. I am in Florida 100% humidity and raining.  I have to have distilled water in the tank  but unclear on how to approach maximizing the humidity settings and if a heated tube makes sense.
Guess first to ty on adaptive?  I just had a Titration study in March. Big fail, did not even get to discuss AHI and pressure. Got a new setting of 10-14cm will go back to new Neurologist in a month... so I should narrow down the humidity variable as well? and ask what?
Post Reply Post Reply
Shulamet,
Here is some information from the manual for setting the humidity.  

You can choose between Fixed or Adaptive Humidification.
If a heated tube is attached to the device, then the device will automatically switch to Heated Tube Humidification Mode.

Fixed mode applies a constant heat on the humidifier heater plate. Under certain conditions and settings, this mode can allow condensation (Rainout) to occur in the tube.
Adaptive mode adapts the heater plate temperature to the ambient conditions in the room, and is designed to not allow condensation to occur in the tube.
Humidifier
This setting allows you to choose the desired humidity setting for the humidifier: 0, 1, 2,3,4 or 5.
Tube Temperature
This setting allows you to choose the desired temperature for the heated tube: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

So it all depends what is comfortable for you.  Sometimes, a higher humidity setting can cause congestion.  Lower it a bit and see how that feels.  

Order your manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2020, 01:13 PM)Shulamet Wrote: I try to read all answers so not to ask questions that have been answered.
How do I search better?

I love that below the thread are suggestions for threads on similar topics. That has been a huge help for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 772 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 323 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 789 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 517 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.