Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation needs more humidification?
Just started on auto DreamStation four nights ago. (Quelle difference!) I use an Oracle mouth mask which did fine with my old humidifier.

I have the DS set at full (5) but my mouth remains somewhat dry. Would adding the heated tubing increase humidity or does that only serve to prevent condensation?
Post Reply Post Reply
Adding a heated hose, an insulated hose, or better yet both, will reduce condensation and therefore raise humidity.

The humidifier puts the moisture into the air. Then as it travels down the hose there are only two options. That moisture either remains in the air as a gas or condenses to a liquid.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Merci, professeur
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Dreamstation AHI Readout Stuck at 2.5 for a Week. jrfoster 2 63 8 hours ago
Last Post: jrfoster
  Noisy DreamStation BandMom 22 8,782 Yesterday, 03:31 PM
Last Post: MARKOAD
  Newbie DreamStation Auto BiPAP with humidifier and heated tube DSX700T11 que0x 8 522 03-27-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Dreamstation Humidifier Question Newbee2016 27 1,388 03-27-2017, 04:57 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Voltage Issue on Dreamstation? jhick09 10 261 03-23-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 46 7,203 03-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Dreamstation vs ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet, I got to try both here's my thoughts Moonlight Graham 10 961 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Last Post: C0mbe