Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation needs more humidification?
DreamStation needs more humidification?
Just started on auto DreamStation four nights ago. (Quelle difference!) I use an Oracle mouth mask which did fine with my old humidifier.

I have the DS set at full (5) but my mouth remains somewhat dry. Would adding the heated tubing increase humidity or does that only serve to prevent condensation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation needs more humidification?
Adding a heated hose, an insulated hose, or better yet both, will reduce condensation and therefore raise humidity.

The humidifier puts the moisture into the air. Then as it travels down the hose there are only two options. That moisture either remains in the air as a gas or condenses to a liquid.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation needs more humidification?
Merci, professeur
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,434 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,758 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,563 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  DreamStation Sleep Therapy Humidification Options (PDF) SwirlySauce 3 918 09-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Last Post: zellem
  Vitera humidification issue (?) jtmAZ 8 854 06-15-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: jtmAZ
  [Equipment] Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset - how do I turn off humidification? Linear Thinker 5 2,191 05-27-2022, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Linear Thinker
Question [Equipment] P2H Humidification Mask to replace humidifier TaxFreeira 1 585 07-08-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.