Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation owners - identifying your specific model [done]
Idea 
DreamStation owners - identifying your specific model [done]
Howdy folks,

I think we need to update our CPAP Identification pages for the new series Philips-Respironics DreamStation machines (HERE).

I'm asking for help with two things:

1) A listing of the specific model numbers for each of the DreamStation machines:

DreamStation Auto BiPAP
DreamStation BiPAP Pro
DreamStation Auto CPAP
DreamStation CPAP Pro
DreamStation CPAP
(and any other DreamStation models you know of, so we can create a chart like this one).

2) We also need a good clear quality picture of the underside label of a DreamStation machine, so we can show folks where to find the specific model number... similar to what we did below for the System One machines, here:

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg]

If anyone can help identify the DreamStation model numbers or supply a clear quality image of the underside label, please reply (you can attach the pic to your post or even send it to me at apneaboard@gmail.com)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer - just trying to make it easier for machine identification, especially for our newer members.

Thanks

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: DreamStation owners - need your help to update our ID page
Reminder: Take the water tank out before turning the machine over.

Also, please check your DreamStation. Am I correct that it doesn't say the model name (for instance, "Pro") anywhere other than the label on the bottom?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Hi. I've been lurking here for a bit getting advice for starting CPAP. You've been very useful.

I have the Dreamstation CPAP Pro. As far as I can tell, archangle, the model number is only on the bottom. Also, when you boot the machine up, it shows it on screen briefly.

The bottom by REF says "DSX400T11". According to the Philips website, this indicates a Dreamstation CPAP Pro that came with the humidifier and heated tube (which is correct). In fact, all the model numbers are there, but I'm not allowed to post links yet.

I took a picture of the underside label, but its too large to post.
(04-13-2016, 05:13 PM)bligh Wrote: I took a picture of the underside label, but its too large to post.

Howdy bligh - Can you email it to me? Email address is apneaboard@gmail.com
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Did some poking around, and found this....

DreamStation Auto BiPAP DSX700
DreamStation BiPAP Pro DSX600
DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500
DreamStation CPAP Pro DSX400
DreamStation CPAP DSX200

I think those numbers are correct - if so, all we need is a decent picture of the label on the bottom (remove the water from humidifier before checking, as Arch advised)...

Thanks..
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

bligh just emailed me the picture and it's good, so we'll use his pic...

I'll be updating the page with the new ID info soon and post here when it's done.

Thanks bligh!

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

DreamStation Auto BiPAP DSX700
DreamStation BiPAP Pro DSX600
DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500
DreamStation CPAP Pro DSX400
DreamStation CPAP DSX200

Yes, those numbers are correct. Just append S for the standard machine, H for humidifier and T for humidifier and heated tube. Then append 11.

DSX600H11 = BiPAP PRO w/ humidifier for example.
(04-13-2016, 01:19 PM)archangle Wrote: Reminder: Take the water tank out before turning the machine over.

Also, please check your DreamStation. Am I correct that it doesn't say the model name (for instance, "Pro") anywhere other than the label on the bottom?
It shows the model name on the boot screen as well.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
The page has been updated, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...espironics

It now shows the DreamStation graphics. I included only the basic model numbers without the suffixes for humidifier, hose or whatever, since it's generally the basic machine model that folks need to know when asking for advice.

Thanks for the help!

Coffee

The added graphics are here:

[Image: dreamstation.jpg]
[Image: dreamstation-models.jpg]
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

RE: DreamStation owners - need your help to update our ID page [done]
Well shoot... just got another email pic of a DreamStation label from a helpful member from Canada... and the model numbers are different...

He has a DreamStation CPAP Pro, and the model number is CAX400 instead of DSX400. His machine was made in USA, but distributed in Canada. I would have thought that the "DS" part stood for "DreamStation" and that would be the same around the world... Dont-know

Now I'm wondering whether Philips-Respironics is giving these machines different model numbers based upon what country it's being sold to?

Well, at least the numerical values remain the same (both DreamStation CPAP Pros are 400 in the model number).

Anyone from countries other than the US or Canada have a different prefix on their DreamStation machine?

EDIT: I went ahead and added some small red text to the graphic to indicate that model number prefixes may be different based upon the country it's being distributed in.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 382 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  ResMed AirSense 10 Respond Model and OSCAR upsman 6 2,096 10-06-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Resmed Curve 10 need model # help Fiveseven108 17 1,166 09-16-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Greywolfe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.