Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation owners - identifying your specific model [done]
RE: DreamStation owners - need your help to update our ID page [done]
(04-13-2016, 10:39 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Well shoot... just got another email pic of a DreamStation label from a helpful member from Canada... and the model numbers are different...

He has a DreamStation CPAP Pro, and the model number is CAX400 instead of DSX400. His machine was made in USA, but distributed in Canada. I would have thought that the "DS" part stood for "DreamStation" and that would be the same around the world... Dont-know

at least it's a bit less confusing than the PRS1 line with 0 in the last digit for US models and 1 for canada/europe...

perhaps 400 is 400, everywhere.

(04-13-2016, 10:43 PM)palerider Wrote: perhaps 400 is 400, everywhere.

Yep, I think you're right... at least the number is the same. If you re-load the graphic, I added some red text to it to indicate that the prefixes may be different based upon where it's distributed. Hopefully that will be a good enough working copy.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I just did a bit of looking, and it seems that the model number is CAX in Canada, GBX in the UK and AUX in Australia. So it looks like its the country code everywhere except the US where its DS (Dreamstation I guess). Looks like the number is the same everywhere (200, 400, 500, 600 or 700). The ending numbers vary, I've seen 11, 12, 15C, and 15.
i just found out i have a auto-cpap Thanks it was worth turning upside down ( i did not spill the waterOh-jeez ).     hope this picture help?
RE: DreamStation owners - identifying your specific model [done]
Thanks for all the help, folks. Unless anyone else has something to add, I'll go ahead and close the thread shortly.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I think my first DreamStation was labeled CX550. Note C not CA. The 50 in 550 might indicate a newer machine? It was the same as the CAX500 that I have now as far as I know (APAP, heated hose and humidifier).
well, generally, a 550 is system one, 50 series auto cpap.
The Respironics M Series model/REF numbers were like 200M, 400M, and 500M.

Looks like "X?00" is the key to a DreamStation model number.

PR has also been known to change the singles digit. For instance, PRS1 model 550 was model 551 in some places.

Luckily, the DreamStations seem to actually say "DreamStation" on the labels.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Attached is the spec sheet from Philips with all the model numbers.

Attached Files
.pdf   b07f0615c9aa457f8c03a87e0136e5b1.pdf (Size: 198.51 KB / Downloads: 30)
RE: DreamStation owners - need your help to update our ID page
(04-13-2016, 05:33 PM)bligh Wrote: DreamStation Auto BiPAP DSX700
DreamStation BiPAP Pro DSX600
DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500
DreamStation CPAP Pro DSX400
DreamStation CPAP DSX200

Yes, those numbers are correct. Just append S for the standard machine, H for humidifier and T for humidifier and heated tube. Then append 11.

DSX600H11 = BiPAP PRO w/ humidifier for example.

My Dreamstation with mfg date: 2015-12-21 has Ref DSXHCP
Huh

Dreamstation AUTO Ref= DSXHCP  Mfg 2015-12-21
Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 382 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  ResMed AirSense 10 Respond Model and OSCAR upsman 6 2,096 10-06-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Resmed Curve 10 need model # help Fiveseven108 17 1,169 09-16-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Greywolfe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.