Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask users
RE: DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask users
My Dreamwear Nasal Mask functions PERFECTLY, and I'm side and stomach sleeper.  In order for the silicone to "stick" to my face I wash it thoroughly before going to bed - along with the detachable nose piece.  I use Dawn to wash it. (not my face!)   I don't apply any moisturizing cream which is a downside especially in dry Arizona.

By having dry and oil free contact surfaces it stays put,  the oil your skin produces overnight is enough to "contaminate" the surface and allow it to slide.  Once in a while I have to re-position it to have a perfect seal, but it's a very minor issue.

When I'm feeling a little stuffy from allergies I apply a thin vertical strip of 3M porous tape from under my nose to my chin - keeps me from breathing through my mouth...  Breathe Right strips are a huge help as well.

Hey, whatever it takes for a great night's sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
So the irritation on the bottom of my nose is now a small oozing blister. Does anyone have advice on healing it? The respiratory tech lady gave me these Kendall skin barrier wipes. I'm starting to think they may have something to do with a little redness turning into the blister but I'm not sure.  

Help crygreen
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the new nasal pillows yesterday and tried them for the first time last night. Based on my P10 experience I used a small amount of Vaseline. I'll discontnue this when I think my nose is used to the new mask. Leaks were considerably reduced I noticed but then again it's only one night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2017, 02:36 AM)holden4th Wrote: I got the new nasal pillows yesterday and tried them for the first time last night. Based on my P10 experience I used a small amount of Vaseline. I'll discontnue this when I think my nose is used to the new mask. Leaks were considerably reduced I noticed but then again it's only one night.

Vaseline and creams will deteriorate the silicone...as per the instructions that came with the Dreamwear mask Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I just heard about the new DreamWear Gel Pillows CPAP Mask and I have heard you can buy just the gel nasal pillows part and it is supposed to be compatible with original DreamWear mask. I am looking into this currently.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
That is correct. That is what I did.
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2017, 10:44 AM)jsielke Wrote: That is correct. That is what I did.

What advantage did you find in using the gel pillows over simply the cushion?  It seems on its face that having the extra pillows part would just be another surface to irritate.  I am interested in hearing your experiences with the original cushion versus the cushion with the gel pillows.  TIA.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I had mentioned this on another thread. I got the Dreamware mask from a different supplier than the gel pillows. Mainly because it was much cheaper that way. The first thing I did was set it up with the gel pillows. I found them uncomfortable, compared to the Nuance nasal pillows, which were my favorite. The other day, i decided to try the "original" Dreamware mask. I was VERY impressed! Much more comfortable, and surprisingly, less leaks than even with the Nuance. like
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the DreamWear original mask in both small and medium frames and the various sizes nasal parts. The small frame is best for me, however the nasal mask part seems to dislodge and leak more than the P10's do on me, but I love the way the DreamWear has the hose connection on top of the head. So I thought maybe getting the DreamWear Gel Nasal Pillows mask would incorporate the best of both worlds. If anyone is interested, I just ordered the new mask today and I can post my thoughts after I receive the new Gel Pillows mask and compare to the original as well as the P10's for nasal pillow comfort.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be great. Looking forward to hearing about your comparison.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,315 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,227 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 152 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.