Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask
RE: DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask
Personally I like pillows. Especially the one that has the same hose feature as the Dreamwear. That would be the Nuance Pro mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2017, 08:43 PM)Cbarrios Wrote: Personally I like pillows. Especially the one that has the same hose feature as the Dreamwear. That would be the Nuance Pro mask.

Must go google....
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I've googled.

What same hose feature?? The Nuance Pro looks the same as any other pillow I've seen.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2017, 10:57 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Okay, I've googled.

What same hose feature??  The Nuance Pro looks the same as any other pillow I've seen.

You are able to loop the hose over your head just like the Dreamwear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepytimegal,

I am using the Dreamwear mask with my Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto and I really like it. I just started using a CPAP/APAP again about a month ago after a break of over 15 years. Compared to the previous nasal pillows I used, the Dreamwear is wonderful!

The one issue I had with the Dreamwear (probably the case for all nasal pillow type masks) was leaks despite using a chin strap that was so tight that my jaw hurt the next morning. It seemed that air was dribbling out of my lips when the pressure was increased. I used a 2" cloth tape (along with a chin strap) and that has resolved the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at it, it appears the Nuance Pro is nothing like the Dreamwear. It still has a nose hose mounted with a swivel at the nose. The Dreamwear hose mounts with a swivel on top of the head. With hose in a hose hanger or coming over the headboard you can turn your head in either direction and not get tangled in the hose. I like I can change sides by even turning my head towards the pillow. I'm surprised that there aren't more mask designed using this connection method.
Post Reply Post Reply
ITA, Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 08:40 AM)Jimsp1 Wrote: Looking at it, it appears the Nuance Pro is nothing like the Dreamwear. It still has a nose hose mounted with a swivel at the nose. The Dreamwear hose mounts with a swivel on top of the head. With hose in a hose hanger or coming over the headboard you can turn your head in either direction and not get tangled in the hose. I like I can change sides by even turning my head towards the pillow. I'm surprised that there aren't more mask designed using this connection method.

I think the original point was not that used an identical method to route the air but rather that it could be configured to discharge the hose at the top of the head.  Personally I wouldn't want the small hose going up my nose.  

I think they still need to work out a few issues before I would expect to see it widespread.  Namely, sound issues when flow is limited on one side of the frame, and the headband system.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 315 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,222 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 147 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 290 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.