Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear Nasal - Left nostril issue
DreamWear Nasal - Left nostril issue
I had been using a ResMed mirage for about 5 years and moved, new supply place suggested the DreamWear Nasal pillows. Weird at first from the change but I liked it and slept great.
One issue I've noticed though is often my left nostril, not sure how to describe it, is like flapping about. I checked, no hairs, mucus, anything.
It seems the first 2 months or so by chance I guess my left nostril was stuffed and right was fine. So now my body changed up the game and when I go to sleep my right is stuffed. So i have to put the mask on off center, and move it to the left to reduce that effect. Slow shallower breathing wont trigger it, so when I wake its fine, but initially going to sleep and breathing heavier is very annoying, causes tickling, etc.
This is with a size medium, so last shipment I asked to try some larges. This helps a little but it also seems a bit bigger so if I roll onto my side then definite leakage.
Any suggestions? i have a bunch of spares so I'm thinking to get nail clippers or wire cutters and try expanding the opening a bit towards the left side.
Anyone else have to do odd modifications like this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ClimateLine Quick Connect with Dreamwear mask tomdid 5 114 Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New Dx, 4 sleep studies in 3 weeks, feel left hanging with questions emmylouwho 17 309 11-19-2020, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Investigating Humidifier Issue rreeves 8 177 11-15-2020, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] Need feedback on provider issue plz medman68 4 113 11-12-2020, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  New Dreamwear? jtech1 0 131 11-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Last Post: jtech1
  AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue cptnjoao 4 226 10-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Long term nasal user, basic issue when trying full-face DanPrado 11 456 09-23-2020, 03:48 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.