Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear Pillows Mask
DreamWear Pillows Mask
I have been using the Phillips DreaWear mask for about a year and a half but recently started having some leak issues and thought I would try the DreamWear Gel Pillows cushion. With the regular DreamWear cushion I used a medium. So I ordered a Medium for the Pillows. Is that correct, get the same size ??? 

The reason I ask is I tried the Pillows the last two nights and didn't like it, I felt like I wasn't getting enough air and seemed to have difficulty exhaling. Anyone have any experience with the DreamWear Nasal Pillows ??

Thanks
Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamWear Pillows Mask
It's not necessarily the same size. I use the small cushion but the medium pillows.

The cushion sizing guide is here: https://www.sleepapnea.com/documents/Dre...-Guide.pdf

The pillows sizing is based on fit: https://www.sleepapnea.com/products/mask...-right-fit
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that Respironics have some way to go before they perfect their nasal pillows. They do have a tendency to collapse if not inserted correctly and this does affect expiration. Two things help. A bit of vaseline around the nostrils and adjusting them with the flow on before going to sleep. All said, I still prefer them to the nasal cushion which tends to push air up into my eyes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would stay away from the Vaseline. It will cause deterioration of the nasal pillows and mask seals.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for reply- I did use the sizing chart for to pick the Medium for the regular Dreamwear cushion. Looking at your second link, it appears that the Medium pillows fits properly, but the airflow sure doesn't feel right.
Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2017, 04:58 AM)holden4th Wrote: I think that Respironics have some way to go before they perfect their nasal pillows. They do have a tendency to collapse if not inserted correctly and this does affect expiration. Two things help. A bit of vaseline around the nostrils and adjusting them with the flow on before going to sleep. All said, I still prefer them to the nasal cushion which tends to push air up into my eyes.

So as I said in last post, using the Dreamwear website fitting guide, they "appear" to fit correctly, but the airflow is not comfortable. So do u think that is just a matter of me getting use to getting them in correctly or that they are too small ?? And yes the reason I decided to try the pillows is the regular cushion was pushing air up into my eyes. And after not having an issue with Mask Fit, over the last few weeks my ResMed H5i machine has bee showing a " Red unhappy face" for mask fit.

thanks
Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello paulsav,

I’ve used both the Nuance Pro and the P10 pillow masks. The Dreamwear pillow looks a lot like the Nuance Pro pillow. I had to go one size larger than the size that “fit” me on both masks in order to stop erratic leaks as well as get enough air.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only ever had one set of Nasal Pillows that allowed air to be directed into the eyes.
I can't remember what they were offhand, but the vent hole was at the top pointing directly up towards the eyes.
Luckily it has a rubber/silicone insert that pulled out, so I removed it and made the hole go the other way, away from the eyes. This would have worked fine, except the rest of the Nasal Pillows were rubbish anyway, they were made of hard brittle plastic and only lasted a few nights before the Nasal Pillow headpiece snapped, I got another and it broke in a couple of days. So I tried again, but it broke again in a week! It had a solid bar of plastic that went over the head. I don't know how they got to this design, but it is the worst one I have ever used. However, the Nasal Pillows themselves fitted the old reliable system I had, so I pulled then off and kept them for spares and binned the rest. I still have a brand new one in a box, total rubbish they were. They looked the part, but they just didn't work for me!
Hope you ordered the right size. When it comes to Nasal Pillows, I thought most came with at least three sizes included?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
For me anyway with my Insurance, every three months I get a complete new set of headgear that comes with a "set" of cushions. All sizes. But then I'd be stuck with nothing but "pillows" that I ma not sure will work for me. The one Dreamware Nasal Pillow cushion I have  cost me $34 on the internet. The Dreamwear Gel pillows seem very pliable and durable.

Paul

Pupcamper- thanks for info, I need to figure out a way to try the Large Pillow and see if I get more air.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2017, 07:33 PM)paulsav Wrote: For me anyway with my Insurance, every three months I get a complete new set of headgear that comes with a "set" of cushions. All sizes. But then I'd be stuck with nothing but "pillows" that I ma not sure will work for me. The one Dreamware Nasal Pillow cushion I have  cost me $34 on the internet. The Dreamwear Gel pillows seem very pliable and durable.

Paul

Pupcamper- thanks for info, I need to figure out a way to try the Large Pillow and see if I get more air.

Paul

There are several large replacement pillow cushions for the Dreamwear On Amazon starting at $20.00, including shipping.

If the Dreamware doesn’t work out for you I would recommend trying the ResMed P10.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,776 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.