Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear Sores
DreamWear Sores
So this is the only complaint I have with my setup. I developed tiny sores on the side of my left nostril and one under my nose. They developed a white head within two days. They are still a little painful.

Is there any remedy for this? Maybe bandages, a certain cream, should I switch masks for a while, maybe I have my headgear too tight?

The DreamWear is the only mask I have to use tonight. Should I use it? I have been feeling great otherwise. I really don't want to get rid of it since I have to pay cash for any replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamWear Sores
I guess my ultimate question is there a gel or cream I can use while wearing my mask to prevent the sores?

My wife suggested Aquaphor, but from previous experience it's too oily.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like an infection, I'd try Polysporin or another anti-biotic cream during the day and wash them will with soap before bed. If it gets worse, see a doctor for some real antibiotics.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a small bump come up on thr right side as you describe. It was the presence of a lotion, ie sunscreen left on when i took an evening nap.
More likely making sure there is NO oils etc will stop the problem.

A sidenote. I love the Dreamwear but I dont see how a man or woman with short hair uses one.
I have long hair so I jusy ponytail it at night and slip the head strap under it to keep the strap from sliding up the back of my head.

If I were to cut my hair it wouldnt stay on three minutes before falling off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2016, 12:00 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: I had a small bump come up on thr right side as you describe. It was the presence of a lotion, ie sunscreen left on when i took an evening nap.
More likely making sure there is NO oils etc will stop the problem.

A sidenote. I love the Dreamwear but I dont see how a man or woman with short hair uses one.
I have long hair so I jusy ponytail it at night and slip the head strap under it to keep the strap from sliding up the back of my head.

If I were to cut my hair it wouldnt stay on three minutes before falling off.

I clean the area really well with alcohol pads so I do not suspect it's oil. If anything it might be too dry.

You know I have not had a problem with it slipping but then again I had it on super tight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Super tight is probably way too tight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2016, 12:07 AM)chill Wrote: Super tight is probably way too tight.

I relaxed the fit somewhat for tonight. I hope that helps a little.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, try the different size cushions. It may just be rubbing in a certain area.

Ask your doctor for something to help heal the sores that you can use during he day and once healed, use a nasal gel like Ayr gel or a lanolish cream. (Found in baby isles in any drugstore.)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've worn the DreamWear mask for many nights. Never had any issues. Didn't wear it at all tight. Leak rate was OK but I've had better results from the P10's.

In any case, you might find this helpful:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Cleaning with alcohol wipes may actually aggravate the issue, it caused skin irritation and problems for me.

Now I just fill the hand basin with warm water, lather up my hands with a block of ordinary bath soap, and then use the lather to wash the mask... haven't had any skin irritation since using that method.
I also wash the humidifier with either a liquid hand soap, or dish washing liquid, by hand in warm water, and then rinse thoroughly in cold running water before drying with a soft towel.

About once a month I put the headgear [minus the mask and frame] in a delicates mesh washing bag and put it through the washing machine with other clothes on a gentle wash cycle.

I have also put it through the clothes dryer, still in the mesh bag, with other clothes on a low heat drying cycle.

Use your own discretion for your own specific headgear to decide if your gear will survive this method with no ill effects.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Y no photos of mask-caused "sores" on the www? nelsonka 1 378 12-15-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 332 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 582 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
  Modifying DREAMWEAR silicone nasal pillow mask xaid 2 715 07-01-2023, 11:33 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.