Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise
DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise
I just got a Respironics DreamWear nasal Cushion . THe air vent on the mask sometimes makes a very high pitch whistle noise. I can cover the air slit with my finger and it stops. I pull out the 2 ends away from my face and invert it some and it stops it for a while. I love the mask if not for that. Has anyone else had this problem ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise
It may be caused by water droplets near the vent holes. My solution is just flick it with your finger a few times to help displace the water drops and that usually takes care of it. I pull it out a bit while it’s still on my face and flick it.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Nightynite said. I've had this happen from water building up. Do you have a heated hose? That can help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks , Ill try that. No, I dont have a heated hose. I suffered all winter in temps in my home down to 45 degrees. The DME only had luna 2s in that dont support a heated hose. I had never used cpap and didnt know how critical a heated hose was for me or i would have waited months for a nother maching. Medicare will only get  you a new maching every 5 years .The DME said they are going to try and get me a heated hose by next fall but i dont know if thats possible with the luna. Wonder if there just talking   AS my sleep doctor said they should get me a nother maching in 3 months from my start date which is may 1st. or medacare wont pay for it . They wouldnt do it. they said d there working on getting me a heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Watertrails- Go on Amazon and get a ( cpap hose cover) you can get one for $10.  It will insulate your hose and cut down on the inside moisture.  I use one and it works fine, I don’t have a heated hose either.
Post Reply Post Reply
I super good insulated it ( thick rubber pipe insulation )  and most of it is was kept  under my bed covers also.. When its about 60 degrees in the house now ,  I am fine with no heated hose.. (unless  condensation is causing the air vents whisle noise ) But at 45 degrees inside, the cold air itself going into the maching and then blowing in my nose and throat was just misurable. I could just have the humidity on 1 or water would be dripping int the mask, So the air itself was still very cold. even before it went through the tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, the warm air from your lungs hitting the cold air from your home is causing the condensation in the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, ok. You can buy a hose cover that goes over any hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I meant nose cushion not hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, I think it was from condensation. Its been warm the last few nights  and i had no whisles.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 12 197 25 minutes ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,506 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 106 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 92 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 120 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 173 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,119 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.