Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamless (ASV Therapy) Waking frequently
RE: Dreamless (ASV Therapy) Waking frequently
You have no idea how much I appreciate you folks taking time to look at these graphs for me and giving me some input.  It means so much!

I would definitely like to try those settings at least one or two nights, post those nights graphs and see what you folks think of those.  I have been trying to get settled down as far as my breathing before attaching the hose to the mask so it isn't trying to keep me deep breathing (part of my settling down) quick as I lay down to sleep.  
As far as the Respiration statistics, I'm not sure what you mean about that and resetting the graphs.  I clicked on Advanced and other than rearranging the graphs, it doesn't look much different.  Is there something I'm not seeing with that?

It would be so helpful if the sleep docs did look at more than the AHI, leak rate and the 30-day compliance.  And yes, it makes me crazy.   Crazy  

- Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, Sarcastic Dave and Opal Rose - I want to thank you for your input on my post about my frequent awakenings while dreaming.  I am sleeping much better now.   Thanks  Thanks to you folks and others, I have gotten more help in the last 8 years from this forum than any of the 7 sleep therapists I've had, where all they did was look at my AHIs.  

I am posting a graph from a couple nights ago for your scrutiny.  

- Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you feel rested after that session? It appears to be headed the right direction to me. Only a 0.35 Hypopnea left is very good. Leaks well controlled.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dreamless,
That look pretty good! Dave and SleepRider know more about ASV settings, so go by what they suggest.

Glad this is working out for you!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I am feeling rested, it’s been quite some time. Thank you for your time and input. 

- Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply
We can now see you did not need the higher EPAP pressure or higher PS min. This looks like the therapy I expect to see when I review ASV and it has really come-around. Your tidal volume is closer to expectations with a normal respiration rate. Most of the night, you don't require much pressure support, but it's there when needed. Very nice, and your efforts to calm your breathing before masking up are working to set a much more appropriate volume and pace.

Under the Advanced view we would expect to see graphs for events, flow rate, mask pressure, minute vent, tidal volume and respiration rate. You may have to manually sort those under that view for the first time. I'm not very concerned about looking at those give your much improved results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After a few nights on the newer (lower) pressures, I am waking up a lot during the night but without the anxiety feeling.  I was feeling pretty good about the new settings for the first few nights...  Unsure  

I am posting a couple of nights here and maybe you folks could take a look at those.  And what are all these flow limitations?  After trying to find info about them, I don't understand what the heck they are.  Are they something that can be dealt with at all? 

Post Reply Post Reply
From one that's used ResMed ASV, it's best to ignore the flow limits when on ASV. This machine doesn't target FL so these FL will not be able to be addressed. Attempts to address FL are at the opposite side of the treatment action teeter-totter to control Central Apnea. FL are in the Obstructive Apnea camp.

I myself pushed the FL chart down so it's not in the way on OSCAR reports, when I had ASV therapy.

The area I would try working on? Leaks. One of these recent charts has 95% leaks at 16.x which is high but just acceptable. The other chart has 95% leaks at 21.x which is to me not acceptable due to being just below ResMed's 24 L/min leak redline. I suggest working on a touch more seal consistency. If for example the 95% 16 is your best but on a consistent basis, you'll be better for it. I found ASV to be sensitive to higher leaks, where it can easily hinder therapy.

Otherwise it looks good. Now it depends highly on how you feel for the using it. All is my exclusive opinion based on being a former ASV user.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 4 92 2 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 963 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.