Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreammapper versus Sleepyhead data
Dreammapper versus Sleepyhead data
I'm new here. Hope I am asking at the correct location. I stated with a Dream Station a few months ago. I'm confused with the output from Dream mapper and Sleepyhead. The Dream Mapper AHI is always much greater than the Sleepyhead AHI. It looks like the hypopnea events are being declared in a different manner. Any advice? And yes will work on the mask fit. Thats a different issue. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreammapper versus Sleepyhead data
You mention a mask fit issue. On the nights where the DreamMapper AHI is greater than SleepyHead's, do you have significant amounts of Large Leak?

I see from some of my own records that there are differences in the hypopnea count and the AHI calculation when time-in-large-leak is significant, e.g. 22% on one evening. (These are rare for me now, but every so often one occurs.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not see a relationship. I have not been able to get the mask fit worked out yet. I can get it too tight and it gets to the 90s. By sleeping more on my side the AHI goes down a lot. Both softwares are working with the same data which leads me to believe they are calculating things differently. But I don't know how.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use a Dreamstation with Sleepyhead and Dream Mapper.  I update Sleepyhead about once a week and Dream Mapper every morning to my tablet via Bluetooth.   All my numbers match with only minor variance due to what I assume to be rounding up/down.  So I don't know how/why you are having such a difference.  You mentioned it's not due to leaking.  The only difference I see between us is that I don't have an issue with leaks.  My Dream Mapper score is consistently 100% for mask fit and I rarely go above leak red line in Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2017, 09:17 PM)Fedman Wrote: I also use a Dreamstation with Sleepyhead and Dream Mapper.  I update Sleepyhead about once a week and Dream Mapper every morning to my tablet via Bluetooth.   All my numbers match with only minor variance due to what I assume to be rounding up/down.  So I don't know how/why you are having such a difference.  You mentioned it's not due to leaking.  The only difference I see between us is that I don't have an issue with leaks.  My Dream Mapper score is consistently 100% for mask fit and I rarely go above leak red line in Sleepyhead.

Hey Fedman,

I noticed you're using a Dreamstation and using DreamMapper as well. I have a Dreamstation Auto unit and have been using DreamMapper from day 1 to record data.
I want to use Sleepyhead but have been unable to get my SD card to record anything. I get my Dreammapper data via a modem and wifi connection. It sends the data
to the DreamMapper site and to my mobile app. 

I've tried formatting the SD card, waiting a day for new data to be uploaded,...and still have not been able to get any data to transfer or store on the card.
Did you have to do anything special to get your data to work with your SD card?

Thanks for any insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Surfbear,

Is your SD card locked?  Try sliding the small switch to the unlocked position (up towards the top of the card.)  If your SD card is locked, it won't record any data.
Post Reply Post Reply
llaage,

As I think about this, the calculation for AHI is pretty basic.  Total number of events divided by total hours of usage.  (Events being clear, obstructive and hypopneas.)  Last night both Sleepyhead and Dream Mapper recorded 5 events for me.  My DreamStation was on for 6 hours, 56 minutes.  Five divided by 7 (just rounding up the time to 7 hours).  Sleepy Head gave me an AHI of 0.72.  Dream Mapper was 0.7

You must have a difference in total number of events or total time to give you a large difference in AHI valules.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2017, 06:33 AM)Fedman Wrote: Surfbear,

Is your SD card locked?  Try sliding the small switch to the unlocked position (up towards the top of the card.)  If your SD card is locked, it won't record any data.

It's not locked. Did you do anything other than stick the card in the cpap unit to get it to work? 

Thank you...
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't do anything different.  I just stick the SD card into the Dream Station and no problem.  When I place the SD card in, the screen lights up and gives a message "Standy by, data activity" or something similar but the message only stays on for a few seconds.  I wonder if it's your SD card?  Faulty?  Can you load other data on it from your computer?
Post Reply Post Reply
Surfbear,
You might consider posting a summary listing of your card so we can see what is or isn't on it. Later, we might look at a more detailed listing.
At the risk of over simplifying the steps, I'll list the instructions below.

Summary listing command:
From a Command prompt - (Windows Key + R -> type: cmd -> Enter)
1. Type: cd desktop <ENTER> (This will allow you to find the output file more easily)
2. Type: dir H:\ > summary.txt <ENTER> (You will need to substitute the drive letter for your SD card in place of the letter "H")

additional option - Detailed listing
3. Type: dir /s H:\ > detail.txt <ENTER> (Same as step 2 above but adding the "/s" parameter and file name change)

You will be able to open the file, created above, in Notepad and copy its contents into a post.

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 756 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  DreamMapper - Data not transferring from Dream2 gonzalo 1 711 08-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: MrMister
  Dreamstation 2 software (Dreammapper) EricDK 9 1,737 05-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.