Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreammapper vs Sleepyhead (Leakage)
Dreammapper vs Sleepyhead (Leakage)
My Dreammapper software shows 0% leaks, but lately for the same times, Sleepyhead is saying I have major leakage. I don't feel leaks with my Nuance Pro nasal pillows. Have not really changed anything but this started a few days ago. Sleepyhead used to say only minor leaks, for same pressure and mask. Any suggestions?
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreammapper vs Sleepyhead (Leakage)
It might be more helpful if you posted the data from Sleepyhead so that we could take a look at the data. See my signature on how to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, here is Sleepyhead & Dreammapper data for same night. Sleephead "welcome" says "major mask leakage."
http://imgur.com/a/v5t2D
Post Reply Post Reply
I myself am not overly familiar with your machine nor the Philips Dreammapper software. I would suppose it is similar to Resmed's myAir Web. I have found Sleepyhead to be much more accurate for me in all respects than myAir Web(particularly leaks.)

I would say you are definitely getting leaks based on Sleepyhead data but perhaps Sleeprider and the others might see something I am not. I wonder if your mouth is dropping open... Are you getting a dry mouth at all? How old is your nuance? Do the pillows still fit well and is it sized correctly for you?

Also, you should try moving the graph sections a bit to condense them so that you can include more of the data on there that is asked for in the article. Also remove the Calendar and Pie chart...
Post Reply Post Reply
It does look like you are having some fairly large leaks, although they don't get into the range my DreamStation normally flags leaks as large leaks. I have found that SleepyHead is less forgiving of leaks than DreamMapper.

Have you been changing position more than normal? When I have a leak chart that looks like yours it usually follows an active night, especially if the leaks are accompanied by RERAS and flow limitations.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Sleepyhead summary box says "Large Leak 0.00%"

The Leak Rate graph shows one spike reaching 100% at 3.03 A.M. and a data gap of about 5 minutes.. could it be that you removed your mask prior to turning the machine off to go for a "wee walk" at that time?

And if I recall correctly, others have posted that Sleepyhead reports major leak rates when there is nothing else to suggest they have a leakage problem (never actually noticed if mine reports a problem with my Dreamstation, I just go on my overall average numbers to see if I'm staying compliant for my driving licence requirements)

I also think you are not supposed to set the mask type on a Dreamstation unless you are using a PR branded mask, otherwise you may get false reports of mask leakage (this again is an "IIRC" comment, I think I read it both here on the forum and somewhere else in paperwork/manual documentation)

The experts here will confirm or refute if my thoughts are on the right track though. 

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I would encourage you to disregard any and all comments on the Sleepyhead Welcome screen. Your leak rate and duration are visible in the graphs. Less is better, but if it isn't disrupting your sleep or affecting your therapy (flow wave form still well defined), then ignore it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. All seems OK, except for the Welcome screen.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 148 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 304 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  DreamMapper - "Total Disconnects" ? StratCat48 1 440 11-27-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Why do I need to get my flow limitation and leakage down? Kathy14225 12 1,480 09-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask 'Pulsing/Jumping' - Plus leakage issues Jake B 4 3,321 09-21-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: HULK
  Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage jerrydaw 28 7,846 09-20-2023, 06:03 AM
Last Post: car54
  Conflicting results from PSG and Dreammapper csl1 9 669 09-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: csl1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.