Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstastion fixed pressure
Dreamstastion fixed pressure
Hello, i haven't been around for a couple of years now Smile
But it feels good to be back.     

I have Phillips respironic dreamstation with fixed pressure because my ex pneumologist did't know better.

Now  i have a new pneumologist and he revised my pressure from 8 to 10. Actually i haven't received the prescription yet but i adjusted it myself because mais these days can be very long
My nose was already dry from the settings at maximum for humidity and heat 5/5

1 - Is there something else to adjust to get less irritation. My left eye is always tearing up because of this.
Or any other nose mosturizing tips. I used secaris before but i feel i getting congestion from it.

Also there is a prescription on the way for an auto cpap.
Fortunatly it is covered by my insurance but i still regret not taking the auto pap version for an extra 200$ the first time around.

2- Is there any way to unlock the auto mode on this model?. (If it's too much work like i said its almost all paid for, so no biggie)

3- Are there any better models to keep the nose from beeing dry? I must admit it's my second respironics unit and i love them for the ease of use and cleaning. And habbit as well.

Thanks a lot Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure
I do strongly suggest the ResMed AirSense 10 AuroSet for your APAP. Insist on it. The keyword is AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can turn on A-Trial in the clinician’s menu and run your machine in auto mode for thirty days. I ran my DreamStation Pro in A-Trial before purchasing my ResMed A10. I agree with bonjour. Insist on the ResMed AirSense AutoSet. It is by far the better machine.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys! For titration they gave me an ResMed AirSense by the look of it. I don't know however if it was autoset. But my nose was so dry. The reservoir did't seem to contains has much water as the dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
As MitchS said, your fixed machine will do a 30-day trial of auto. But that's it. After 30 days of doing auto, it will not do auto again/anymore.

Hooray for an auto being ordered!

I love my DreamStation Auto. But this board prefers the ResMed. They're both solid machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had problems with a very dry nose too.  I found that putting just a dab of Lanishoh (brand name for lanolin) inside each nostril and spreading it around as far as I could reach with my pinky finger helps a lot.  Lanishoh is sold in baby departments of lots of stores.  I got mine at Wal-Mart I think.  I know Target carries it too.

Best of luck with finding a good solution!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
@Deborah K. Thanks i'm going to try that.
@Hydrangea It could be helpfull if there are delays for aquiering the new machine Smile

I was wondering why ppl prefer the ResMed AirSense 10 AuroSet over the dreamstation?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2020, 11:33 AM)Ghandi Wrote: I was wondering why ppl prefer the ResMed AirSense 10 AuroSet over the dreamstation?

The ResMed's algorithm for treating apneas & such is more aggressive.  Aggressive is considered good and proactive.

Unfortunately for more sensitive sleepers like myself, even though I think I'm sleeping fine the whole night through, it's disrupting my sleep as it aggressively treats my apneas & such.  When I switch it to Soft mode, my sleep is less disrupted even if it's not attacking my apneas & such as aggressively. So when I use my ResMed (when I travel), I use it on Soft mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
What model Dreamstation do you have?

If it has the ability for A-trial it should also be able to be set to full time auto. Thinking-about

Mine can be set for permanent APAP or CPAP mode in the clinician's settings area.. and can also be set for A-trial.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
It is the Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro. It seems it only can be set for 30 days

I found this: "Delivers breath-by-breath auto-CPAP therapy for up to a total 30 days per patient. Transitions to CPAP or CPAP-Check mode at end of Auto-Trial."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 139 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,628 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 689 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.