Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstastion fixed pressure
RE: Dreamstastion fixed pressure
ResMed AutoSet hands down.
Why ResMed?

1. Faster algorithmic response to events than PR.

2. Lower average pressure

3. Better to avoid Aerophagia.

4. EPR provides for better treatment of hypopneas, RERAs, Flow Limits, UARS, and snores

5. EPR acts like a BiLevel up to a limit of 3cmw (1,2,or 3cmw) and a max pressure of 20 cmw

6. EPR follows your breathing where as Flex predicts it with a feeling of fighting to get a breath when it predicts incorrectly

7. More flexibility in treating a greater variety of Apneas and respiratory events.

8. In general provides better therapy.

I have frequently told many DreamStation users that they need to get either the ReaMed AutoSet or. BiLevel to get better therapy. 

Respironics costs less
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
My original sleep "doctor"/DME "gave" me the DreamStation that was not an auto.

When I told him of my discomfort & experiences, I asked for an auto CPAP. He refused, and finally "compromised" by saying he'd be willing to "let" me trial an auto setting on my DreamStation non-auto. But I researched and found that the non-auto DreamStation let's you trial an auto mode for 30 days and 30 days only. So I refused. (I ended up giving him back the machine, since it was a rental. And I found a better DME that readily dispensed an auto.)

So it's not true that only an auto DreamStation will demo an auto mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2020, 08:42 PM)bonjour Wrote: ResMed AutoSet hands down.
Why ResMed?

1. Faster algorithmic response to events than PR.

2. Lower average pressure

3. Better to avoid Aerophagia.

4. EPR provides for better treatment of hypopneas, RERAs, Flow Limits, UARS, and snores

5. EPR acts like a BiLevel up to a limit of 3cmw (1,2,or 3cmw) and a max pressure of 20 cmw

6. EPR follows your breathing where as Flex predicts it with a feeling of fighting to get a breath when it predicts incorrectly

7. More flexibility in treating a greater variety of Apneas and respiratory events.

8. In general provides better therapy.

I have frequently told many DreamStation users that they need to get either the ReaMed AutoSet or. BiLevel to get better therapy. 

Respironics costs less

Bonjour Bonjour, i just got my ResMed AutoSet. I'm about to try now Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silican mask can be fixed in an emergency Sleep2Snore 3 240 12-24-2020, 06:19 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Help Changing from CPAP (fixed pressure) to Resmed AutoSense 10 for Her donrigney 9 1,401 05-24-2020, 02:42 PM
Last Post: donrigney
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 846 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Mask is leaking like a sieve after getting machine fixed oldfart59 6 533 03-29-2020, 02:28 PM
Last Post: oldfart59
  OSCAR reports fixed pressues PhoebeAnn 3 338 03-10-2020, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PhoebeAnn
  P10 Venting - has anyone fixed theirs? Hydrangea 4 489 02-11-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 904 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.